Smoke what you kill

jafrey711

I once had the opportunity to hunt for wild bore and actually catch, kill and clean before going to the butcher. The meat was amazing. I would so love to experience again. Anyone else into this or have a connection?

CarterQ

In California the best stuff is what you shoot, pretty hard to find it retail. I know guys that hunt boar in season but a good second option for wild game meats is Broken Arrow Ranch out of Texas. It won't be as fresh as killing it yourself but they are pretty good:

Broken Arrow Ranch: Free-Range Venison, Antelope, and Wild Boar Meat - Buy Online

I have had their boar and quail and it is excellent, not cheap, but you don't want to cut corners with wild game.

jafrey711

my daughters friend has offered to kill a boar for me put not sure what to do with it?

I think you just can take to your local butcher. He will go over all the cuts he can offer you. Might be best to go in with a buddy as it can be pricey.

ITFD#15

Wild turkey season is coming soon enough for me.
I had a butcher bone, wrap,cure and smoke one for me a couple of years ago and it was outstanding.
Might have to try it myself this time.

Redfish1

I've got a buddy who manages deer leases here in So. Texas. He'll give me some deer hind quarters and I'll give him back some mesquite smoked jalapeno and cheese sausage.
Recently he gave me a hind and front quarter and ribs of a wild boar sow they hunted down with dogs and killed with a knife. I smoked it in my smoker and gave him back the
front quarter and some ribs. They came out awesome. I want to get in better shape and
go on a wild boar hunt myself.It sounds like a adrenaline rush the way they killed it.

Top Bottom