Smoked Mongolian Beef

Tatonka3A2

This meal all started out because of what I got in my bountiful basket this week. Here was the basket.

I had never cooked with Bok Choy or Napa Cabbage before so I needed to get some ideas going. A friend had sent me a recipe for P.F. Chang's Mongolian Beef a couple of days later and after reading it and the reviews I knew this was a must try and I could incorporate a bunch of the basket goodies.

Started with a Tri Tip all trimmed up.

Put the Tri Tip on early in the morning with the Yoder off and just the tube smoker going with Oak pellets. Smoked for about 2 hours and then got wrapped and into the fridge to rest until dinner time.

Fast forward to early evening and getting everything ready. The veggies.....

Chopped diced and set aside.

Put the Tri Tip in the freezer to make the slicing a little easier.

Once sliced I thought this was the perfect time to break out our new toy - the meat tumbler!! Took the sliced Tri Tip coated it in cornstarch and added the marinade; soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and fish sauce.

Tumbling....

Meanwhile getting the sauce ready. Soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Bring to a boil and let thicken then removed from the heat.

Next was to heat up some oil and cook the Tri Tip briefly, you don't need a thorough cooking here because it will get added back to the skillet later with all the veggies. (Sorry no pics here)

Veggie time - cook the peppers and onions a few minuets.

Next added the rest of the veggies in... some Bok Choy, Napa Cabbage, snow peas, and mushrooms.

All in together!

While the above was going on, the egg rolls were getting happy on the Yoder!

Finally all done and plated up! Smoked Mongolian Beef, egg rolls, brown rice, and some sweet and sour sauce.

This is a KEEPER!! Wonderful flavor and the Tri Tip was incredible in this dish.

TentHunter

I'll take mine over a bowlful of rice with some chop sticks and a napkin please!

The only possible way I can see to improve that is to have a wok for your grill!

Top Bottom