Spectacular Smoked King Salmon

Big_Jake

Ok guys I picked up this King Salmon at Costco today and I am going to use the "Spectacular Salmon" recipe that is in the MAK cookbook I got.I have used it before on Sockeye Salmon and it came out great.Here is a pick of the fish going on after it's brine.

0828121632.jpg

Big_Jake

OK after an hour I decided that the fish looked lonely so I threw on some locally grown sweet corn to keep it company.

0828121736.jpg

Big_Jake

Ok some pics of the finished product.It took a total of 2 hours and the finished product was great.I also have left overs for bagels,salmon,and cream cheese tomorrow.

0828121843.jpg

0828121843a.jpg

0828121854.jpg

SmokinSteiny

;) The food looks great, I still think you just using that grill for photo ops though!!! Where's the dirty grease pan pics! LOL :D

ACW3

That salmon looks great!! I'll bet the leftover salmon will make some over-the-top dip, too.

Art

muebe

The finished Salmon looks very good ;)

Appears to have fatted out a bit(white stuff on top also known as buggers). The fat = flavor/moisture. To prevent this start on the upper rack with the lowest temp possible then progress up in temp till you have the color/flakey-ness you want. The key is not to get the fish too hot too quickly.

Don't get me wrong I would not turn that fish away! Just some friendly advice ;)

Big_Jake

The finished Salmon looks very good ;)

Appears to have fatted out a bit(white stuff on top also known as buggers). The fat = flavor/moisture. To prevent this start on the upper rack with the lowest temp possible then progress up in temp till you have the color/flakey-ness you want. The key is not to get the fish too hot too quickly.

Don't get me wrong I would not turn that fish away! Just some friendly advice ;)

Cool thanks for the heads up. :D

HogSmoker

Ok guys I picked up this King Salmon at Costco today and I am going to use the "Spectacular Salmon" recipe that is in the MAK cookbook I got.I have used it before on Sockeye Salmon and it came out great.Here is a pick of the fish going on after it's brine.

0828121632.jpg

Looks very good ! You said smoked for two hours was this at smoke setting ? Thanks H/S

Top Bottom