Spring chicken and strawberries

SoDakSmokerGolfer

I wanted to get these posted last night but life got in the way... It has been a while since I have posted stuff so go easy on me :)

I just got some new supplies from BSP and thought I would give them a try...

I stared off with some good ol'whole chicken on the MAK. I rub it with slap yo daddy chicken rub and let sit in the fridge overnight. Then onto the MAK at 275 for about an hour... Then I bumped the temp up for the last bit of cooking.
a7amy3yz.jpg

If you haven't tried slap yo daddy you really need to....this is my new favorite chicken rub!

I also did up some asparagus with dessert gold on them.
uta7y3e3.jpg

Here is the chicken plated up with the asparagus and some rice
u2eta4er.jpg

And you can't ring in spring with out some strawberries. I sliced these up and tried a bit of an experiment... I added some sugar and simply marvelous finishing rub Popitude! I let the berries set over night then served them up with a bit of ice cream and just a dash of chocolate syrup.
2uzasyte.jpg

The Popitude really works well with the strawberries!

Thanks for looking and happy grilling season to all

TentHunter

A very creative use of the Popitude. I would never have thought of that. Beautiful looking chicken too!

SoDakSmokerGolfer said:
It has been a while since I have posted stuff so go easy on me :)

That's OK, we just figured you'd switched over to smoking/grilling Unicorn.
cheesy.gif
Glad to see you back!

SoDakSmokerGolfer

Funny TentHunter! I made a big change last year and I am going to school full time and working... That doesn't leave much time for anything. It's spring break right now so I finally got some time to fire up the grill. The summer is coming and I am looking forward to more cooking! (And posting)

Top Bottom