Stuffed Chicken Thighs

Tatonka3A2

Been craving some chicken so last night was the night!!

Started by taking some chicken thighs and removed the bone. Added 1/2 of a sweet mini pepper onto each thigh.

Added a little Rub for Grub seasoning, along with some mexican shredded cheese.

Rolled up and secured with toothpicks and added some more Rub for Grub Seasoning.

Decided to add a slice of bacon to the chicken to help hold in the cheese... any excuse to add bacon!!!

Added maple pellets to the lump and onto the BGE cooking indirect at 350°. Also added a hash-brown casserole.

Towards the end of the cook I added a little Plowboys Heat 180 sauce to glaze.

Plated

Inside shot. Next time I will either use high-temp cheese or a cheese stick. The cheese taste was there but you couldn't really see it. Also the pepper was great and I will add more in each thigh next time.

Will be making these again, love the sweet pepper with the chicken!!!

hank858SD

Awesome cook Tatonka wished I could be there to taste. Had my first taste of a hashbrown casserole back in Sep at a place outside Nashville called Loves Cafe it was too die for. Please share your recipe. Thanks for this post !

Tatonka3A2

Thanks!! Will share - WARNING it is highly addicting. I could seriously eat a whole pan myself!

Hash Brown Casserole

2 (16oz) containers sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (I mix sharp and regular cheddar)
2 (3oz) bags real bacon bits (I use Real BACON!!!)
1 packages Ranch Dip mix
1 large bag frozen hash brown potatoes (28-30 oz size bag)

Combine first 4 ingredients, mix in hash browns. Spread into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 400 for 45-60 minutes.

That is the recipe, not the healthiest but so good - I actually will double it and divide into the 9x9 pans and freeze. It freezes really well and if I can I will take a pan out the night before. If I forget I have thrown it on the grill frozen too and it always turns out great.

scooter

Very nice! What a great shot of the moisture in the chicken! If you add more peppers you may want to blanch them so they are very tender by end of the cook. Just depends on if you like peppers to be tender or have a bite to them.

Tatonka3A2

Very nice! What a great shot of the moisture in the chicken! If you add more peppers you may want to blanch them so they are very tender by end of the cook. Just depends on if you like peppers to be tender or have a bite to them.

Thanks Scooter. They were pretty soft in this cook but it may be because there was only 1/2 of the pepper in the chicken. I will have to experiment with this cook!

Top Bottom