This weeks contest! Jack Daniels Bonus

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok here we go But this week Im adding a Jack Daniels Twist!

First place $25 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Second Place $15 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Third Place $10 store credit to Big Poppa Smokers

Here is the twist......Since this week is the Jack Daniels World Championship....

THere will be a $25 doillar bonues to the best cook that uses Jack! It can be separate from the first place or it can be a double down of the first money....go get em

Chili Head

There will be a $25 doillar bonues to the best cook that uses Jack! It can be separate from the first place or it can be a double down of the first money....go get em

Dang and I can't play :(

But its my birthday this weekend so let's knock it outa the park! :D
Show me something special!
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smoker pete

Teriyaki Pork Loin Chops

Injected some Costco Boneless Pork Loin Chops with Apple Juice, then marinaded the injected Loin Chops in Mr Yoshida's Marinade and Cooking Sauce overnight in the fridge. The counter top was lined with plastic wrap.

Chops1.jpg

The sides of Mac & Cheese and steamed vegetables are prepped and ready.

Chops2.jpg

Preheated the MAK 2 Star Grill with a 50/50 mix of Apple and Hickory to 325ºF. Removed the Pork Loin Chops from the fridge 30 minutes before starting. The Internal Temperature of the Chops started at 61º.

Chops3.jpg

Cooked the Pork Loin Chops to an Internal Temperature of 160ºF. Took 55 minutes at 325º. Baked the Mac & Cheese for 50 minutes at 350º and it took about 25 minutes to steam the Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, and Cauliflower.

Chops4.jpg

The money $shot ... A scrumptious moist Apple injected Teriyaki marinaded Pork Loin Chop with a portion of Mac & Cheese served with a side of steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower, and a few Brussel Sprouts ... Bon Appétit !!

Chops5.jpg

FLBentRider

MAK Wings Part 1

My Family wants Wings, so wings it is!

Started with ~13lbs of chicken wings.
DSC_1452.jpg

Chop, Chop, Chop...

DSC_1453.jpg

On to the MAK for a little while on SMOKE with perfect mix pellets
DSC_1454.jpg

Then Crank it to 425F for about an hour, turning once.

In the mean time, make some sauce...
DSC_1455.jpg

DSC_1456.jpg

FLBentRider

MAK Wings Part 2

Done!

My kids also made 2 other sauces, I didn't get any pics, but it was a traditional extra hot and a garlic pepper sauce

DSC_1457.jpg

DSC_1458.jpg

DSC_1459.jpg

DSC_1460.jpg

DSC_1461.jpg

DSC_1462.jpg

DSC_1463.jpg

DSC_1464.jpg

TentHunter

Triple JD pork

Ironically, I had this particular cook planned for this weekend anyway for a friend who loves Jack Daniels Pulled Pork.

Two pork butts cut in half to increase the surface area for bark & smoke. Hit with some homemade pork rub and onto the MAK to smoke for a few hours.
JDPORK01.JPG

4 lbs of Sugar Maple pellets with a couple handfuls of BBQ'rs Delight Jack Daniels Pellets mixed in. This should give a sweet smoke with a pungent hint of Jack Daniels essence.
JDPORK02.JPG

After a few hours of smoke love, it's time for the Foil Love for more flavor and to get those butts nice and tender. The braising liquid is a cup each: Brown Sugar, Cider Vinegar & Jack Daniels.
JDPORK03.JPG

Poured the liquid right over top, sealed with foil, put back in a 350° pit to braise for a few more hours.
JDPORK04.JPG

Time to make the Homemade Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce.
JDPORK05.JPG

Apple-Jack Beans (Apples, Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce, Bacon, Onion, Kidney, Pinto & Great Northern Beans, & some additional seasonings)
JDPORK06.JPG

TentHunter

Triple JD pork - Part 2

The Butts are done and pulled. About half of the pan juices go back into the pork after it's been pulled. The smell was heavenly and the pan juices explode with flavor.
JDPORK07.JPG

Here's a couple of closeup shots. The smoke ring was really deep. That pan of water does the trick.
JDPORK08.JPG

JDPORK09.JPG

I'll post plated shots tomorrow when we get to eat ours. I can't wait!

The Plated Pics (We finally got to eat our share late last evening)

The Apple-Jack Daniels Beans:
JDPORK10.JPG

The Triple Jack Daniels Pulled pork with the J.D. BBQ Sauce
JDPORK11.JPG

Thanks.

Last edited:

sparky

ribs O' flavor

no jack here. just great tasting ribs. i want to try out some new stuff so away we go.

used some of my new salt lick clone rub and some java lava (coffee / habanero).

PA200012.jpg

onto #63 @ 275º

PA200014.jpg

looking good cisco.

PA200022.jpg

coffee sauce on the coffee rub ribs (say that 3 times fast) and some maker mark sauce on the salt lick ribs.

PA200026.jpg

oh ya.

PA200029.jpg

oh my gosh sparky. those ribs are fantastic you are such a rib guru. nah, just a old hippie out in the backyard smoking stuff (ribs).

PA200030.jpg

nice color.

PA200034.jpg

PA200035.jpg

very juicy. nice texture to them. a excellenta set of ribs. very tasty. the coffee ones were one of the best i have tasted. i really liked them alot. ya know i might be a rib guru. lol.....

PA200040.jpg

Susan

Angus Tenderloins With Jack Daniel Pellets

After 11 days of vacation and cooking on a stove indoors it was good to get back to my Weber and it was one of those days where I just had to have beef.
10-23-2011002.jpg

I mixed equal portions of Hoisin Sauce and Raspberry Chipolte Sauce with a couple of cloves of crushed garlic and bagged the steaks in the sauce for a couple of hours.

Then on to fire.
10-23-2011010.jpg

Here’s a bit of back yard fall color for your enjoyment.
10-23-2011006.jpg

Getting some good smoke for a short cook.
10-23-2011013.jpg

I plated the steak with a light salad, grilled asparagus that I marinated in Annie’s Garlic EVOO, Balsamic vinegar and a pinch of Kosher salt and a dollop of cranberry apple sauce that I made earlier in the day. The beef was perfectly cooked and had a wonderful combination of sweet, hot and fruity flavor that just danced on my taste buds. Sometimes I just get lucky when I start mixing up ingredients!
Thanks for looking.
10-23-2011014.jpg

10-23-2011015.jpg

Oh. And the orange wedge was squeezed into a frosty glass of Shock Top.

Deb

Jack two ways :)

I have decided that it really is fall and I am now craving fall flavors. I was in Vermont Friday night and had a really great meal that inspired some parts of this dinner. So here goes.........

Roasted butternut squash gnocchi with a Jack Daniel's cream sauce........

First up....... the gnocchi........ Roasted up some butternut squash early this afternoon
photo-49-1.jpg

pureed it in the food processor, mixed it up with some parmesan cheese, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt & pepper
photo-63.jpg

then added flour. Rolled out into ropes, cut , rolled onto a fork to get the grooves to hold the sauce, here they are ready to go into some boiling water....
photo-62.jpg

the sauce ingredients - shallot, garlic, butter, flour, chicken broth, cream, dried cranberries and the Jack Daniels...
melted the butter, added the flour, added the garlic & shallots, when they were happy added the chicken broth and Jack, cooked down until gravy like , added the cream and cranberries then reduced a little more. While that was happening cooked the gnocchi....
the gnocchi into the sauce to soak up some flavor
photo-55.jpg

Dinner........
with and without baby spinach....
photo-57.jpg

photo-59.jpg

dessert........ Jack-o-Lantern Creme Brulee (aka Jack Daniels Pumpkin Brulee)

the ingredients.... pumpkin, cream, jack daniels, eggs, brown & white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, vanilla
photo-48-3.jpg

mixed the spices with the cream, mixed all the other, heated the cream, all mixed together and into little cups, baked in a water bath in 300 degree pellet grill
photo-53.jpg

these came out and went into the basement fridge to cool down............

dessert time, add a little sugar to the top, under the broiler
photo-48-4.jpg

squirtthecat

Treeted and Cajun-Upped Pork Tenderloin Tips..

Sorry, no Jack in the house.

The players.

IMGP7027.JPG

Into some gallon bags, toss/squish/toss/squish/toss.

IMGP7030.JPG

Onto the MAK at 250° for some smoke/heat.

IMGP7036.JPG

Putting the spurs to them...

IMGP7037.JPG

Time to pull.

IMGP7040.JPG

Some potatoes and carrots in the pressure cooker, more Cajun Power and some Johnny's for flavor.

IMGP7046.JPG

Let's eat!

IMGP7045.JPG

Last edited:
Whiskey Pepper Steak

I did three cooks with Jack Daniels this weekend (see Gallery) and had a hard time deciding what to enter this week. The last cook was the most involved, but decided to go with the first because the family enjoyed it the most.

Jack Daniels weekend. What to do:

IMG_3284.jpg

First, quality control :D

IMG_3289.jpg

Started with the following:

IMG_3290.jpg

Started some artichokes boiling. Got the MAK started on High.

Then started on the whiskey pepper sauce. Sauted some chopped onions in butter. Then added beef stock, cracked black pepper, and garlic. Reduced by half. Added chopped green onion, and Jack Daniels and simmered. After steak was done, thickened with corn starch and water mixture.

Put some fresh ground pepper on each side of the steak and pressed it in to the steak. Put some butter on the MAK griddle to sear each side of the steak for about a minute and a half:

IMG_3293.jpg

Then on to the grill grates to finish.

IMG_3294.jpg

Pulled at IT of 135°F.

IMG_3295.jpg

While steaks were resting, halfed the artichokes, drizzled with Annies EVOO and sprinkled with BP Desert Gold. Then put the artichokes on the MAK for a few minutes per side. Served with whiskey pepper sauce poured over steak:

IMG_3296.jpg

This was excellent! Now just trying to figure out how to use JD tomorrow!:cool:

bflodan

Wagyu Tri-Tip and Kurobuta Chops Pt1

Picked up a nice Wagyu Tri-Tip

055-2.jpg

And a couple thick double cut Kurobuta Pork Chops

081-2.jpg

Marinated Tri-Tip in a Garlic and Herb Balsamic Reduction (kids where nuts and I never got a pic) then added a little BPSGS with pepper and BPDSSR the chops took a little Garlic EVOO, BPSGS with pepper and BPDGS.

083-2.jpg

Cut up some fingerlings, carrots, onion and seasoned with evoo, BPSGS with pepper, BPDGS and some shredded parm..

080-3.jpg

All onto the MAK on smoke for 20min then up to 300. Pulled the Pork when it hit 135 and the Tri-Tip when it hit 127... Cranked the MAK with my sear grate on.. Put the meat back on for about 3 min a side, pulled and foiled.... Added a little herb and garlic butter to the Tri before foiling..

087-1.jpg

093-3.jpg

095-2.jpg

096-2.jpg

100-2.jpg

103-4.jpg

Another Excellent MAK meal!!

bflodan

PT 2 Desert

My Wife wanted to make an apple cake desert that she had found so I got the food pulled and the MAK down to 350 and let her take over... Had some huge fresh Honey Crisp Apples, some eggs and a Tastefully Simple apple cake mix.. Chopped the apple and mixed..

084-1.jpg

086-1.jpg

Onto the MAK at 350 for about 50 Min

091-3.jpg

105-3.jpg

Topped with a caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream...

106-4.jpg

It was fantastic... I gotta get her on the MAK more often!!

Chili Head

Alrighty!! Ya'll made judging hard this week!!

Im starting off with the best cook that incorporated Jack Daniels.

TentHunter with his Triple JD pork.
TentHunter I loved how you incorporated the Jack into each aspect of your cook. The pellets, braising liquid, BBQ sauce and the beans. It all looked extremely good! The one thing I would have liked to have seen would be a picture with everything plated. Other than that excellent job!

On to the top three!

Third place goes to Smoker Pete with his Teriyaki Pork Loin Chops!

Those chops..Pete nice job bud! And that home made mac and cheese with the veggies looked fantastic!

Second place goes to Susan with her Angus Tenderloins With Jack Daniel Pellets!

Susan that picture of those tenderloins on the grill with the pellets belongs in a food magazine! Thats pure eye candy! Not only that but they must have tasted out of this world too! The asparagus and the side of cranberry sauce I'm betting went together perfectly.

First place goes to Deb and her Jack two ways!
You hit a home run with your fall flavors! Roasted butternut squash gnocchi with a Jack Daniel's cream sauce looks so good! And the Jack-o-Lantern Creme Brulee for dessert looks perfect! A real fall festival on the taste buds! Thats an outstanding cook this week Deb!

Everyone not just the winners knock it outa the park week after week! Kudos to all of you!

Thanks BigPoppa for your support! Without you hosting this great place some of us (me) would still be putting out average food on our cookers. All of you inspire me to be a better back yard chef :D
Nice job everyone!!

Deb

Wow, congrats Susan, Smoker Pete , and Cliff! Awesome cooks everyone, I saw some things that I would love to eat.

Thanks Chili for judging and to BP for hosting and letting us play here.

Top Bottom