Thoughts on Louisiana Grills?

saso1192

I've owned 2 Traeger's, both have been junk. So, I sold my brand new Traeger that I was sent as a replacement for the junk one (it was a Junior Elite). I'm strongly leaning towards the Louisiana Grills LG700. I like the fact it's thicker metal, I like the gravity fed fire pot (supposedly helps w not having auger fires) and the open flame sear option. Who all has a Louisiana Grills? Any issues? Pros/cons? Do u love it?

bekk

I've owned 2 Traeger's, both have been junk. So, I sold my brand new Traeger that I was sent as a replacement for the junk one (it was a Junior Elite). I'm strongly leaning towards the Louisiana Grills LG700. I like the fact it's thicker metal, I like the gravity fed fire pot (supposedly helps w not having auger fires) and the open flame sear option. Who all has a Louisiana Grills? Any issues? Pros/cons? Do u love it?
Hi,
I've got the CS450 less then 2 weeks ago. In general the grill build from thick metal, digital controller is very helpful and easy in operation.
Only one issue: the time you operating the grill on high temperatures the heat is not distributed eventually. Hope that the GrillGrate will assist to spread the temperature better.

Mr_MaGoo

An email from dansons the parent corp

I have been looking at the Louisiana grills too , so I sent an email asking some questions. This is the email I recieved..Hope this helps.

Good Morning Mike,

Sorry for the delay, you caught us on a holiday!

To answer your questions:

- Some of our older control boards for the Country Smokers were made in the
USA, our newer boards for the LG and new model Country smokers are being
made in China
- The Country Smokers are made in Canada, the LG Series are made in China
...**Please note that we have invested in quality materials and staff for
our China made products.
- All of our grills are warrantied to the original purchaser. For more
information on our warranty log onto Louisiana-Grills.com and open one
of the manuals...the warranty is usually on one of the last few pages of
each manual.

Please feel to compare grill specs on our website or contact our office with
any other questions.

Jen Siegel
Dansons | Customer Care & Warranty Services

Toll Free: 877.303.3134 | Fax: 780.455.5192
14608 134 Ave, Edmonton, AB Canada, T5L 4T4
Email: [email protected] | Web: Welcome to Dansons Inc.

Abscam

check out the RecTec = awesome customer service, high quality product. Love mine. /Abscam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

68sting

I had a couple Louisiana smokers and liked them. I've also had a yoder and actually like the Louisianas better. I have a mak now and like it the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clb303

I've owned an LG900 for a couple years now. It's been pretty good but I have had several cooks ruined because temps were all over the place (50-100) degree swings. Customer service has been helpful and I've reprogrammed it a couple times, it actually holds temp pretty well but I think I'm emotionally scarred from my past issues.... The direct grill feature is terrible, hard to use and the area that gets flame is tiny. It takes roughly an hour for the grill to get up to Temp and actually hold temp. I also have issues with the igniter, seems like if I don't clean the firepot out each time it won't lite and then I have to take it all apart, clean out the pellets and Ash and start over.

All in all its been pretty good and produces great food, however due to the above issues I'm looking to upgrade, most likely to a MAK.

mcschlotz

Good choice, I've not experienced any of those problems with my MAK. It holds temp, and the lastest 2 star version has a movable internal therm so you can place it right next to what you are smoking. Unit achieves 225º from start in roughly 10-15 minutes depending on wind/weather conditions. It can easily get over 600º in direct mode. For short smokes I usually don't clean out the pot but if the last one was long, I'll clean it. Takes less than a minute with the ash-vac.

Top Bottom