Turkey Stuffed Peppers

Rip

After last weekend's ham plus a week of ham leftovers, I decided to try and eat a little healthier today.

Stuffed bell peppers. The kids of course wanted hamburgers and taters. They won't eat what I consider to be an excellent burger (thick burger piled high with all sorts of fixin's) so I didn't bother to photo the burgers.

The players for the pepper stuffing. I prefer Panko breadcrumbs, but these were on hand.
IMG_2885sm.jpg

On to the MAK @275.
IMG_2890sm.jpg

The potatoes and onions are sliced, drizzled with Gradassi's chili EVOO and melted butter, then sprinkled with BPS Desert Gold.
IMG_2888sm.jpg

The peppers took about 90 minutes (165 IT).
IMG_2899sm.jpg

After the peppers came off the MAK was bumped up to 400 and the hamburgers were cooked. My wife made me a new BBQ towel.
IMG_2892sm.jpg

Here's the plated pic. Drizzled with Hot Squeeze sauce.
IMG_2914sm.jpg

This makes an extremely moist turkey loaf as well. The last time I made it I only had two peppers so I cooked the leftover stuffing in a meatloaf pan. Even after two days in the fridge it was still moist and tasty.

Thanks for looking!

1 TBS EVOO
1 Lg onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
BPS Desert Gold to taste (start around 2 TBS)
1 1/2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup chicken broth
3 TBS ketchup
1 lb 3oz ground turkey
3/4 cup breadcrumbs (I like Panko)
1 egg
1 tomato, diced
4 bell peppers (I dice the useable portions of the sliced off tops and add to the stuffing)

Last edited:

CarterQ

That looks awesome Rip! Haven't done stuffed peppers in awhile and this definitely makes me want to try them with turkey. Nice cook!

Top Bottom