Yoder vs GMG

MR 747

Hi all, I been smoking for a while now & I have had 2 many issues with my GMG. First it was the thermo switch then the computer now the latest buzz kill my fire box fan went TU!. So I'm @ a crossroads here, do I press on with my GMG or start over & buy a YODER!

TentHunter

First, welcome to the forum!

It sounds to me like you're fed up with the GMG issues, and trust me when I say you are not alone. There's been a lot of that happening over the past year. Many reports of soot on food, fans not running properly, bad controllers, etc.

Now, around here a lot of us are going to say look at MAK, because we have several members who are nothing but happy with them. We also have some members who are happy with their Yoders.

The best advice I can give is DON'T limit yourself to looking at just the Yoder. They are a fine heavy cooker, but spend some time researching and make sure you are truly getting what you want, and expect, from a cooker this time around.

bicf

Be careful with yoder. My wife bought me one 2 months ago. At $2500 I thought there is no way it can suck. Well it has sucked more than it has smoked. The temperature regulation if flawed and it shuts down and then when you start it back uo it overheats. It has ruined over $500 of meat so far. I hate to rag on a made in USA product, but compared to my humble old traeger (1/3 the price) it docent taste as good, and it flowed. I am very disappointed and will never buy a yoder again.

bicf

In my experience, yoder has not arrived to the pellet industry. I have one and it is a very poorly spent $2500

onionhead

I think Tenthunter (Cliff) is right on. Take a good look at MAK. My first grill was a Traeger, and I gave it to my son. I am now loving the MAK for two years. My neighbor watched me smoke some ribs, and he got rid of the Green Egg and Traeger. He now has a MAK 2 star. Good luck!

Top Bottom