Your Smoker's Name???

Moomtaz

I decided to name the Yoder. I went with "Big Bertha" because it incorporates the fact that the Yoder is a beast (currently weighs in at 325 lbs) and recognizes my love for golf.

There are some pretty famous grill names on this forum, but the question is.......

Does your smoker have a name, and if so, what does it mean/how did you come up with it?

SoDakSmokerGolfer

I have two:

Large Big Green Egg his name is Eggbert. What that no idea just what my wife came up with and it stuck.

MAK 2-star Gen. his name is Bernie MAK. It just seemed to fit and Bernie Mac is one mine and my wife's favorite comedies/actors. My he rest in peace.

sparky

Lucile. mak 2 star 336. i think the name Lucile is sexy. i knew this hawaiian girl from the north shore in the early 70's w/ the name Lucile. we meet out in the ocean waiting for sets. we hung out for a few years. :) :) ;)

Hazel. hb gourmet sparky style (no glass). i love using lump and comp kingsford charcoal. when i was a child i didn't save my money up for a bike. i bought a bbq grill. love setting outside burning stuff. i'd throw anything on the grill. you get ppl sitting around the grill waiting for the food to come off. very good memories. ok, i wanted a old fashion name from the 50's (my time zone). Hazel is a great name. fits her.

Ursula. UDS. i've never had a drum before. never seen ppl cook on them either. just look at her. tall, sexy w/ a little bling on the outside. inside works like a charm. have 2 levels to use her. i like a girl that can do different things. whats the sexiest name you know? Ursula Andress. remember that seen of her coming out of the water in the james bond movie dr. no. what? well, if you had seen the movie in the theaters you wouldn't forget it. so. Ursula it is.

meet the fam.

chuckandburgers016.jpg

Sally SRG. my wife and daughter wanted a grill that they could just go out and turn on w/ a switch. this SRG is great. you can grill on the top of it and then take the top off and put a chicken in the basket and cook w/ infrared heat. it does exactly what i want out of her. Sally it is.

i also own a 49er weber kettle that i don't use anymore and i also had two 1 star maks. these grills have not earned names yet.

scooter

I don't name my cookers, I just call them the "MAK", the "18" (WSM), the "22" (WSM) and the "kettle".

RickB

Ursula. UDS. i've never had a drum before. never seen ppl cook on them either. just look at her. tall, sexy w/ a little bling on the outside. inside works like a charm. have 2 levels to use her. i like a girl that can do different things.

Ok is it just me or is this a little creepy! ;). Getting some really bad visuals here bro;)

Last edited:

KimG SOW

If Andy starts naming cookers..... I'm leaving!! j/k

He just got a new "Girlfriend" which we are waiting to see what he names her. A 59' Chevy. If you are friends with me or Andy on FB, there are pics on there. We are hoping she will be running by this weekend to make an appearance at the Paola BBQ.

SmokinSteiny

I haven't grown fond enough of my traeger to give it a name, we'll see in November with whichever grill I choose as it's replacement.

SmokinSteiny

BP, I'm not sure man I wanna go MAK then I wanna go Yoder, I have no clue both are GREAT looking and performing machines from everyone I talk to. Each have their problems, but each are great machines. Only thing really killing me on the MAK is the PRICE, She's abit expensive but it's got all those bells and whistles that come with it! Also, I'm a gadget man I LOVE all my neat lil things that do different things so that's where the battle lays. Where the Yoder is a straight forward smoker. Maybe I should e-mail MAK Daddy or you can shoot me an e-mail, and get them to give me a sales sh-peal.

Top Bottom