New Grill

jstcynske

First run on my new grill, decided to go easy and cook up a burger. Mixed in cheese and bacon, turned out amazing...This is my first pellet grill, first try and by far the best burger I have ever had!
Who can guess what grill I ended up going with?
View attachment 633

TentHunter

Ooooh this is like a Pelletsmoking.com Mystery Dinner Theater. Let's put on the old sleuth cap and see if we can solve this mystery...

Your first cook was a burger obviously seared at high heat and you wanted a grill that could do that. There are great sear marks on the burger yet the cheese in between isn't burnt indicating some kind of protection from flare-ups, so that indicates the likely use of GrillGrates. That's supported by the fact that on the plate there are streaks that look like they were left by something with wide tines like say a GrillGrate Tool.

OK, we have high heat and most likely GrillGrates being used in combo. That seems to eliminate direct flame zone grilling of the MAK 2 Star.

Considering your last post was on June 7, there was no indication that you'd ordered a grill and today is June 16, You got your grill in a short time. Combine that with the fact that there are several Memphis dealers in Minnesota and you wanted to try and keep your money in the U.S.

I'm going to wager you got a Memphis pro.

Now watch me be way wrong! lol :p

jstcynske

BP is correct, it is a FE! I put in a lot of thought on this one, and weighed all the options. For what I wanted, the FE seemed like the best options for me. My first run yesterday went fantastic, can't wait to cook some more. Tonight I will either cook a Papa murphys pizza, or a pork tenderloin. If anyone has a recipe/cook instructions for either, please share! I will get a few more pics up tonight...

jstcynske

LOL, I got a kick out of your first post, you don't miss much! It was cooked at 450 on the upper left grate until 135 internal (so you were right, no flare ups), then moved to the direct cook zone until 145. I was rather surprised by the grill marks that came from the stainless grate, more than I expected. The cast iron at the end really finished it off though, those are the darker of the two marks you see. The grill was shipped, but only took a day to get here. You would think going to a dealer would be faster, but I think this actually worked out better.

Doh!!!

Man does BP have a good eye and know his pellet cookers or what?

Glad you like your new grill.

scooter

It's not the pit, it's the pitmaster! Trust me, if you weren't next to the pit, that calzone woulda come out lookin differently! :)

Top Bottom