Just a fool in the rain...

squirtthecat

Channeling Tacoma today. 48° and raining.

IMGP9283.JPG

Corned beef brisket flat and a light slather of Sriracha. Yes, I'm serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

IMGP9288.JPG

More proteins thawing in the sink.. Stay tuned.

squirtthecat

Next up... Tri-tip, covered in wooster and Zach's brisket rub. Going to smoke it 'brisket style' and take to a higher temperature for pulled/chopped beef BBQ.

IMGP9290.JPG

And just enough room for another frozen turkey boulder. Caroliina Treet and a few shakes of Zach's for color.

IMGP9296.JPG

I'll let them all cruise at 225-250° until whenever.

Meanwhile, it's time to fire the MAK..

IMGP9297.JPG

squirtthecat

Time for some pork 'burgers' (found these at the Illinois Products Expo) and some Adobo Bison Balls. ;)

IMGP9299.JPG

Seasoned with..

IMGP9309.JPG

On the MAK at 275°, burning a mix of hickory and charcoal pellets.

IMGP9303.JPG

Quick peek at the Traeger goodies.

IMGP9304.JPG

--

35 minutes later. Looking good..

IMGP9311.JPG

IMGP9313.JPG

I'll give them another 10 minutes and pull them off.

squirtthecat

SrirachaStrami and Tri tip, ready for some foil time.

IMGP9324.JPG

IMGP9328.JPG

The turkey boulder has a long ways to go.. I will be out in a thunderstorm retrieving it later. :(

ACW3

Man, what a protein cook that was!!! All of it looked great. You do love your Sriracha, don't you?

Art

squirtthecat

I've got everything cooling down now so I can wrap tight for a night in the fridge. It will be a busy week, so it is easier to smoke up a storm on Sunday, then carve as needed for dinners/lunches.

The tri-tip is foiled up tight and resting in a crock pot... I"m curious as to how it will turn out as well! The standard 'cook to medium and slice against the grain' hasn't been well received around here - so we are trying something different.

I'm thinking pork burgers topped with Wickles Pickles and a side of baked lays for dinner tonight.

Thanks for looking. ;)

squirtthecat

looking good Squirt.

Did you try mixing the pork and the bison? That might help with the leanness.

We were just discussing that over dinner. The bison needs to be 'cut' with something.

The pork burgers flat out rocked. I need to find the place I bought them from.

Top Bottom