Well, I think I'm convinced...

Grumpy

Looks like I've got to get a MAK 2 Star. I'm hooked on pellet grilling/smoking but I started off with the wrong grills. I know this is the way to go, and after reading all the good posts in this forum, I'm ready to jump in again.

Is there currently a wait time for the MAK 2 Star?

TIA

KristenBPS

No Wait Time

Hi Grumpy,

We have been placing orders for MAK's right & left, I ordered a One Star for a customer yesterday at 4:45 and got confirmation that it has already shipped!!!
Same for the 2 Star I sold today.

Give me a call at Big Poppa Smokers:
877-828-0727

We would love to help you with your purchase! There is a great Poppa's Mak Pack for the 2 star!
Kristen

sparky

that shouldn't be a hard choice. the 2 star is a fantastic grill. its to bad though. :( because i have the only magical mak 2 star. #336 is special.

P2090015.jpg

yes, i know everyone though they were all the same. nope, not true.

P2090012.jpg

see. mine smokes a tad more than most. magical.

P2130047-1.jpg

P2130048-1.jpg

ok, last one. ohhh, halloweeny.

P2120007.jpg

but i am sure yours will be good too. :)

Last edited:

Grumpy

Hi Sparky,

The only magical thing I see is that your grill is way too clean. Is it easy to keep that way??

Grumpy

Grumpy

I've noticed that some of the MAKs have a single cooking grate and some have 2 side by side grates. Can you order the grill either way, or do they all come with the single grate, and side by sides being an extra option?

Grumpy

The reason I wondered is that on your website the video of the 2 star showing features, there are two grates, side by side, in the demo.

You can't beat the 2 Star! Lots of features. Looking forward to smoking cheese now that it has finally cooled off. You can't go wrong if you order from BP because they have the best customer service.

#500 smokes just as much as #336 :), I just don't have a pic. Here is the best I have (and no, it is not still this clean):

IMG_3140.jpg

Grumpy

Couple more questions:

Does anyone find the 450 degree limit on the MAK to be a problem? For me the MAK would be used mostly for smoking and not necessarily real high temp searing, but every once in a while, it might be nice to crank it up. Of course with the higher temps comes the possibility of warping the deflector, or does it? Regardless, I have a Weber Gasser that can hit 700, so maybe it's a moot point.

Also, I like to cook butts in particular in foil pans. For me they come out better and far less mess. Any issues cooking like this on the MAK?

Thanks for your patience as this newbie wanders in the dark. :cool:

Big Poppa

Administrator
I find taht with either the searing grate or grill grateds as long as I hit 400 I have no problem grilling.

THe foil pans are not a problem

KristenBPS

Well, based on the nice lady who picked up your phone today and answered all my questions, I see no reason why not. Now I've just gotta pry that credit card outta my wallet. :)

Awwwww, thanks Grumpy! That would have been me who answered your call...feel free to call back & place your order or fill it out online, we are here to serve.

Top Bottom