Well, I think I'm convinced...

I don't think I have ever seen my 2 Star get over 450°F (and that takes a while!), but I have no problem grilling, particularly with grill grates or the MAK sear grate:

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3295.jpg

Better than I have ever made on my Weber Gasser, even at 550-600°F.

RickB

I don't think I have ever seen my 2 Star get over 450°F (and that takes a while!), but I have no problem grilling, particularly with grill grates or the MAK sear grate:

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3295.jpg

Better than I have ever made on my Weber Gasser, even at 550-600°F.

Your cooking my favorite steak. Have not tried yet on the mak 2 but looking forward to it. Damn those look good!!

JimmyDings

Grumpy, if you have not pulled the trigger yet, ya need to!......lol

Seriously though, what a FANTASTIC product and a SUPER sales staff at BPS! I have not been into the "low and slow" cooking all that long, but I made the decision to get my 2 Star and DON'T have 1 regret. Even having the manufacturer on this forum is awesome, and trust me when I say that they CARE about their product and even more about their reputation.

I cannot speak about other units, but am glad I found my home within the MAK Family. Truly awesome people.

Remember the motto!..........Once ya go MAK, you'll never go back!

God luck to you and hope to see many many pics, of awesome BBQ and Veggies coming off of your MAK 2 Star

Best Wishes, Jim. aka JimmyDings

Last edited:

MAK DADDY

Yes, the 2 split grates are standard on the 2 star grill. They are an option for the 1 Star as it comes standard with 1 continuous grate.

Top Bottom