A couple questions for the Mak team...

Smoke Junkie

I have a couple questions about my Mak 2 star. When on cool down mode, at some point towards the end of the cycle the auger dumps a bunch of pellets into the fire pot. Every time I go to clean the fire pot there is a pile of unburned pellets on top of the ash. It did not used to do this.

Also, what is the best way to touch up the black powder coat areas that have chipped off? I thought of black stove paint applied with an artists brush..

Thank you guys!

MAK DADDY

We added this feature in V2.2 to clear any smoldering pellets from the auger tube during cool down.
Yes, any high temp paint will work for touch ups.
Bob

Smoke Junkie

Hey Mak Daddy,
The problem is it makes it a pain to empty the ash when you have a load of fresh pellets sitting on the top of the ash you have to fish out or just waste. plus upon startup for the next cook it seems like it has more pellets than it needs and it smokes really heavy. To make it not do this I assume I have to not use the cool down mode. Is there any downside to stopping the grill fan right when you turn it off?

KyNola

The amount of pellets you consider wasted in the cool down mode will be minimal if the smoldering pellets that could remain in the auger don't go out.

GA Que

To save those pellets just use some sort of strainer and dump it into it. It will get rid of the ash and save those pellets. I actually do this when I'm down to the last of my pellets in the storage container so I'm not dumping in any of the pellet dust that seems to settle to the bottom of the bag or container.

MAK DADDY

Guess there is a down side to everything, but getting the smoldering pellets out of the tube is more important. Yes you can override the cool down by pushing any button after you hit the power button off. the dumps happen 6 minutes into the cool down, we tried one dump (less pellets) but it wasn't always quite enough so we went with 2.

GA Que

If it is recommended that we upgrade to this new version, how is it done? I've only had my MAK 2 about 6 months and have never had or was told to do this. Also how do we know when new updates are out?

MAK DADDY

I list all the updates in the MAK section. None are required but always available if you want them.
We send out a little update module, you plug it in and update the Pellet Boss then return to us to send off to the next customer.

CelebrityGrill

I'm glad I read this. I think I might have had the same question. Ridding the auger chamber of smoldering pellets seems essential to optimal operation.

Top Bottom