A party cook from a few weeks back.

soupyjones

I had a few friends coming over to watch hockey and kindly drink my beer a couple of weeks ago and decided to make a bit of bbq. I asked the local butcher shop for a brisket and they kindly screwed it up. As a result I was short meat so I picked up a small bone in pork shoulder roast. First step was trimming my partial brisket.
881.jpg

I kinda flaked out and forgot to get any pics of the glue and rub stage but I used homemade stuff for both. I remembered to get a shot of them once i got them on the Traeger though!

886.jpg

After a bit I threw on an onion and some garlic to get nice and soft.

888.jpg

Once i got the brisket off

893.jpg

And the slicing:

896.jpg

Time for swine!

899.jpg

Sadly I got no more pics than that as my buddies were devouring all my hard work. Thanks for taking a look guys.

scooter

Are ya tryin to tell me that with a big ol fork and a huge knife you could persuade your buddies to back off so you could take some pics??? lol
Man that looks gooooooooood soupy. Did they eat it right out of the pan or did you have stuff to make sammies?

TentHunter

Great looking brisky there Soupy! Did you sauce it? Man, it looks great.

Nice save too having the pork to make up for the partial brisket.

soupyjones

Thanks guys. To answer the questions: I did make sandwiches out of them with a few sauces to be had. My rough plan of attack was brisket on a biscuit but i had to go get some buns to feed the herd. I made a roasted garlic horseradish sauce for the brisket that seemed to be well received.
To Tent No sauce on the brisket at that point. I rested it in foil and forgot to vent it so i got a bit of soggy rub. It was pretty tasty despite my mistakes.

ACW3

Soupy,
How many guys were coming over to watch hockey? That brisket should have been enough. Never mind the pork. Load them up on chips, dips, ABTs, or something. Meat is not cheap! Better yet, let them chip in for the meat, next time. Looked great to me.

Art

knightoftears

That looks so good I had to slap myself to see if I was actually alive! Beautiful cook. Hopefully in the near future when I purchase my first pellet grill I will produce awesomeness like this. Thanks for sharing....the pics....food would have been more welcomed, but pics will do for now I suppose :p

Top Bottom