ACM BBQ Throwdown Las Vegas

Meat Man

Wow what a great contest, lots and lots of really great teams. Met some nice folks, and made some new friends. Congrats to Left Coast Q, it was nice to meet ya Matt. Tough ribs kept us out of a better finish, 63 place. Not real happy with how we did. We'll just keep on cooking and getting better.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yeah Will there were some super low scores looks like your brisket gut whacked pretty good too....

Imm now going by what happens in vegas stays in vegas....

Jimsbarbeque tasted our food and I think he may have an opinion

Matt Dalton

Thanks guys for the congrats..that was a hell of a field!..were stoked about where we landed and that 2nd in brisket was done on the MAK baby!..Will it was great to meet you as well you have a very nice famliy..great to see Jim out snapping a bunch of photos too..see you boys next weekend

jimsbarbecue

We did have the chance to taste some of the Big Poppa Team turn ins. My wife Patty and I tasted the brisket ,Pork and Patty also tasted the ribs. Honestly I think what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas is the best way to look at this. Here is the odd part of this all. I know the only thing you will cook different in Wildomar next week is the chicken, which I would agree with. What I tasted if served to me at dinner... I would hold on to my plate when done hoping there was a chance for more. I will be posting photos in another thread.

Big Poppa

Administrator
You know you just try to judge yourself after each turn in..."Was that our Pork?' Brisket? we felt like we should have been last place in chicken....it is just how it works and believe me I am not taking anything away from the guys who finished higher than us...hats off..Last year we were 9th and didnt cook very well...it all evens out!

HoDeDo

Way to go Matt!!! 4th in that crowd is STRONG!!! Of course I think 4th is a brilliant place to be, since we shared a 4th overall with you at P Hill!

Sounds like a good event had by all, save out for the BPS chicken; and that happens to everyone once in a while. Gotta roll with it and not look back. I fully expect the boys to keep on cookin! Basically in the top 1/3 still (or just out side, not sure final team count)... so that is a solid finish for having a bump in the road.

Great job everyone, and the BPS dinners are always setting the bar, so no worries there, and LOVE the woodhouse chocolates I saw in a pic!!!

firehouse_bbq

Great job Matt and the rest of the LCQ guys!!! See you all in Wildomar!

Thanks guys for the congrats..that was a hell of a field!..were stoked about where we landed and that 2nd in brisket was done on the MAK baby!..Will it was great to meet you as well you have a very nice famliy..great to see Jim out snapping a bunch of photos too..see you boys next weekend

Top Bottom