Advise on warming up refriged brisket

dospelotas

I Cooked a 12.5lb. Brisket on Wednesday night and plan on serving it Saturday.. Any suggestion on how to rewarm on my MAK without drying it out? I saved the dripping after FTCing. Thanks for your help.
adae9c4f-3da1-2f46.jpg
adae9c4f-3dae-2c79.jpg

BBQ,DDS
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ACW3

I'd slice the brisket (if you haven't already done that), put them in an aluminum pan with the juices and cover in foil and put back on the MAK at 225 to 250. Use your probe to check the temp.

Art

dospelotas

Thanks to all of you... One last question: if I use the probe at what temp should I pull when rewarming? Also haven't sliced the brisket or trimmed any fat either. Should I now wait until after rewarmed or take advantage of it being cold to slice easier?

ACW3

I would basically be looking for serving temperature. You don't want to recook the meat, just warm it up. Slice now or later. Like BP said, the key is to get the juice back into the meat.

Art

KyNola

Vac seal and into a pan of hot water(not boiling) for around 20 minutes. Comes out moist everytime. Sort of a modified version of the sous vide method of cooking, only you're not really cooking. Just reheating.

Top Bottom