American Royal Barbecue - Kansas City - 9/30-10/2

KimG SOW

Weather is looking AWESOME!!! Can't believe it!! This is like 3 or 4 years in a row with GREAT weather. Slight chance of showers tomorrow, but other than that Highs in the upper 70s with lows in the 50's. PERFECT!!!

Rip

OK, I'm in! I have Friday off, driving down whenever Andy will have me...I have to be back home by noon Saturday :( (so like BP, my never attends awards record will stay intact :) )

And yes, I will take pics! Looking forward to seeing the SOW and Moo Cow teams again and meeting BP and the gang, and wow, seems like the whole BBQ who's who will be there!

HoDeDo

OK, I'm in! I have Friday off, driving down whenever Andy will have me...I have to be back home by noon Saturday :( (so like BP, my never attends awards record will stay intact :) )

And yes, I will take pics! Looking forward to seeing the SOW and Moo Cow teams again and meeting BP and the gang, and wow, seems like the whole BBQ who's who will be there!

Rip - I have a wristband for you, so come anytime you want on Friday. We'll have a packed house! We may have bodies all over the floor and truck cab!

And yes, 520 of your closest BBQ friends :) Lots of folks there from all over!

Rip

Well, it was a whirlwind 24 hours, but I'm back home now from the Royal...WOW! What an adventure! By now the turn in's for the Invitational are complete and Andy, Kim, and the BPS tream will be focussing on their prep for the Open, (turn in's tomorrow).

Results for the invitational will be out soon!!

I took a ton of pictures and will try to get them posted soon, probably tomorrow AM. Thanks again, Kim, Andy, Sterling, Jody, Joe, and Brad!

Last edited:

firehouse_bbq

Hey All,

here are the results for the Royal Invitational.

BPS-33rd Overall
4th in Chicken-AWESOME
11th in Ribs!
104th in Pork
90th in Brisket

The boys should be very proud, they did a great job in a field of 140 of the BEST bbq teams.

here is a link to the complete results:
Kansas City Barbeque Society

Memphis

Hey Big Poppa,
It was nice to see you and the crew again at the Royal. Thanks for the hospitality and for introducing us to Trigg!

Matt Dalton

Great job guys!..that's a kick ass first time at the biggest comp ever!..hey Sterling I need a security guard..or maybe I could be yours!..haha..hope this makes you laugh!..love you guys!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Matt that was so funny the wife had a telephoto lense and was waiting for Johnny to foil his ribs...Do you think if I was rude to your woman that I would be standing? hahahaha

Matt Dalton

Matt that was so funny the wife had a telephoto lense and was waiting for Johnny to foil his ribs...Do you think if I was rude to your woman that I would be standing? hahahaha

Nope!..you'd be on your back possibly missing a few teeth too!..j/k..your one of the coolest guys I've ever met in my life..some people just don't get how serious and passionate we all are..oh well screw em!..and tell Johnny the boys from LeftCoast got his back anyday!

Last edited:
Top Bottom