Any of you getting the itch

Big Poppa

Administrator
The funny thing is that you are tired and dirty and either happy or pissed off...but come Monday we are dying to go out there again. We are going to have a blast

Big Poppa

Administrator
What a fun thread! Yes, even with only one weekend off since the last one, I'm ready to go out and do it again. But -- I know I need to do a bunch of practicing on the KCBS side and I'm going to make a point of supporting the Arkansas IBCA events next year. Scooter both boxes were 9s in my eyes.

BPS is importing 2 of the best for Scottsdale. Good luck to you all!

Hey Todd invited himself and dont tell Kim I think Andy was a little jealous.....So technically I only invited one!

KimG SOW

Hey Todd invited himself and dont tell Kim I think Andy was a little jealous.....So technically I only invited one!

Lol! I think you're right.:rolleyes: I would have loved to come too. Let me know when you need someone to do boxes and keep camp cleaned up.

I'll be ready to cook after the holidays. Besides Thanksgiving & Christmas, I have 2 birthday parties and baptisms to organize for the beginning of Dec.

Phrett Bender

I got the comp bug this past year and have plans for some of the events close to home iin the upcoming season. I'm also planning on judging a few more of them and gaining some experience in that regard, especially getting close up looks at the boxes turned in. At the few comps I've visited I never wanted to bother the competitors that close to a critical time or ask to peek at some secret arrangement they have. I've done well with the boxes I've prepared, but there are so many good ideas. I was lucky to join a team which was led by some well seasoned vets for my first big comp and learned an incredible amount of stuff! I can't wait to do it again. I wouldn't hesitate to get a few people together and enter an event, especially the first few times. It makes the learning curve faster and makes it not seem so intimidating.

scooter

I can honestly say competing does not interest me at all right now.

I was the same way FLBR! Told everyone no way I was going to compete. Then I took a CBJ certification so I could get exposed to other peoples Q and the world of competitive BBQ. Once I was in and among the judges and competitors, going to the awards ceremonies and cheering for my newly made friends, it just sort of snuck up on me. Now I want to be one of those pitmasters that get a call or walk! I'm in trouble now but I hear that first call or walk is like a drug! You get in and get called or walk and you're hooked for good!

Top Bottom