Arrrgh I ate too much this holiday season!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Starting with Thanksgiving.....then non stop fun and games and cakes and candies and more meals than I usually eat to keep my movie star physique....Dom Delouise....

Its back on the program....

But what I have learned is that eating smoked food with a few adjustments is a great way to trim back...

Seriously...veggies? What cooks em better? Fish? Fabulous....Lean Pork? Beautiful...Filets? Love them.

Its about thinking about your flavor profile from interesting glues and dry seasonings....it's about bigger portions of veggies and smaller portions of meat......

I was starting to write a smokers diet book....but my co writer wrote some best sellers anyways...

Maybe we should have the Pelletsmoking Biggest loser contest at the new years???

Thom Emery

I am up 9 pounds since the Texas Vacation/ Fall Football/ Holidaz
Jan 2 we go vegan for a month
Returning the weight to under 230 is the goal

Deb

I'm not posting any stats in any contest :rolleyes: but my body has been craving veggies lately......... I'm going to start working on eating better (just not today ; as I need to figure out what to do with prime rib leftovers). Some old recipes will be coming out in a pellet version :)

Rip

Amen! It's been a great stretch (Thanksgiving thru Christmas), but I'm not throttling back until after New Year's (bowl games, Prime rib, appetizers, oh my!) I am thinking the new Gradassi's Basil EVOO would be good with some kind of healthy chicken stir fry.

sparky

well, in september and october i lost 10 pds. i have put it back on. so many cookies, cakes, champange (6 bottles yesterday, 3 the day before). i can still fit into my sweat pants so all it good. drank to much yesterday. :(

Deb

I'm in , I was going to do this anyways, and not because it's a new years resolution, I have been talking about it for awhile and keep moving the start time. My husband doesn't know it but he's in too ;)

I have some ideas for posts.........

Big Poppa

Administrator
yeah lets share stuff...We have these stores out here called Fresh and Easy...I bought some of their 'Eat well" salad dressings...The Caesar salad one was really good...even if it wasnt diet.

Salad dressings are the secret diet killer...they are usually loaded with fat , sugar and calories.

I find that if I cut out sugar it is a huge head start.

I know others that dont eat anything white...flour sugar...etc

Others eat the same but eat half or third portions...

On the first we will start the thread!

tbone

I (read my wife) would love to see some of your veggie recipes. Along with weight, I (again read my wife) am concerned I'm eating too much red meat. So, I've started doing more salmon and halibut. Dayam fish is good when it's cooked with pellets.

Weight and cholesterol are things I now have to watch as I near the end of year 56.

tbone

Big Poppa

Administrator
T bone we are the same age....57 on jan 13th. Hopefully we can all have a good time and get skinnier so we can fatten up later in the year.....

FLBentRider

This is what I use to balance the eating and exercise:
IMG-20110916-00195-1.jpg

Susan

I've worked more whole grains into my meals (ie the Quinoa meatloaf for example) and always use a lunch size plate for dinner. Chicken is my go-to meat and lately pork tenderloin but I'm always looking for creative, tasty ways to do veggies! Bring on those ideas!

Top Bottom