Back in town...

PaulyT

Hi all! Been out on vacation for ~1.5 weeks, back in town now. Good to get away, devote some serious time to my photography hobby which has been sadly neglected of late, and enjoy some time in the NY catskills away from the heat in Baltimore. Good timing there!

But boy I missed my grill. My uncle does a really good job of an eye round on his little weber 2-burner, but I couldn't help but wonder how it woulda come out on a pellet grill! :cool:

Dinner tonight (sorry no pics, giving my camera a rest :p ) was simple pork chops, with some flavoring from my big box of various rubs that came from BPS while I was gone. :D Trying to figure out how to use all these... used the desert gold on the chops, came out very well - wife LOVED it, I was a little taken aback by the lemony flavor but it grew on me. I tried a tiny bit of the happy ending on mine, just to experiment - worked well I thought, to give it a little hint of sweet&spicy to balance the lemon. May not be the most traditional use of these rubs/spices, but hey, I can only learn by trying!

PaulyT

Thanks! Good to be home, though this is a crazy month for us with various trips and activities, and kids at home...

If anyone's interested in photography at all, I've put some of my pics up in my online gallery. Not selling these or trying to make a profit here, just giving you all a chance to see pics of something other than food. :p

The lake (Tennanah Lake, NY), and lots of flowers around my grandmother's/aunt's house:

http://chemicalgraphics.smugmug.com/Photography/Tennanah-2012/

And pictures of fireworks - sort of experimental, my first attempt at fireworks photos:

http://chemicalgraphics.smugmug.com/Photography/Fireworks-2012/

PaulyT

My two daughters - 5 and 8, having a blast swimming half the day and looking for snails and crayfish and "interesting rocks" in the lake...

Kite

Thanks for sharing Paul! My wife and I are amateur photographers at best, but we did buy a much nicer camera this year so we have been playing around with different things. We spent some time this morning looking closely at your shots trying to learn a bit about what makes them pop off the screen. You have some really great work there..

PaulyT

Thanks, Kite. I'm always up for some photography discussions! If you (or anyone else here) is interested, PM me and I'll send you my e-mail address. I'm strictly amateur right now, too; though it's kind of a dream (or a pipe dream :p ) to maybe sell a few pieces at some local art/craft gallery someday. I've ordered aluminum prints of some of my fireworks shots; I think maybe there's some commercial potential there, we'll see...

Top Bottom