Big Poppa Smokers Costa Mesa Contest

Big Poppa

Administrator
Oh Yeah when there is a tie in kcbs there is a coin toss.....we had two coing tosses....one in chicken and one in pork...we lost them both.

firehouse_bbq

Great job guys, sorry I did not get over to see you guys. the kiss of death in BBQ, you think it is great, and well, the judges just dont agree. I thought our brisket was horrible, and we got a call...you just never know.

Big Brother Smoke

Missed you guys this past weekend, I commited to catering my students graduation party. Great kids that worked for me at the university and catering. I catered in my Big Poppa t-shirt, I will post the pic when I get home.

HoDeDo

Well we came in 11th out of 57...kinda bummed...the brisket got hammered 31st...7th pork, 10th chicken, 13th ribs.....WE thought the brisket was fabulous...On any given day! Oh well
That happens to all of us. We're only as good as the judges think. Gotta love it when they feed you some humble pie on a good entry... The beauty of it is... for everytime we get robbed, there is a time you will turn in crap, and GET a great call. BBQ Karma as it were. :)

A note on the Ties, The tie breaking process is pretty arduous. First, they go to the 6th Judge. (initially the 6th judge is dropped). If the 6th judge still has us at a tie they start going to Taste score individually totalled, etc. if we are still at a tie, then it goes to the computer for a random pick. Usually the 6th judge is enough to break the tie.

Candy Sue

Oh candy...that has to be a horrible feeling....sorry!

No, my own fault. Just wait, something stupid happens to all of us at some point in time. I can remember sitting at the table in a cooks meeting in Mobile with Byron Chisom (buttrub.com) and he said he'd never been disqualified for being late. Guess what? He found out that weekend and he was setup maybe 15 feet from turn in. This was the year after Chris Lilly got DQed on TV.

Big Brother Smoke

Nuff Said, Sterling!:cool:
DSCN1894.jpg

Top Bottom