Big Poppa Smokers Wins its First Grand Championship

jimsbarbecue

I told you I liked Jody's Ribs. Johnny said he is happy when students walk. Grand Champion next time out means the Big Poppa Team are Gifted students?
When I showed up at 4:30am at the Trigg class (start time was 7) Johnny said anyone could come early. The Big Poppa Team was already there helping and learning from Johnny hands on mirroring what Johnny was doing. Did I mention they were prepping ribs?

Add the Big Poppa Smokers Team to the ones you need to beat when you go to a comp out West!

HoDeDo

Congrats guys!!! I was texting last night from the road -- but that is a GREAT way to get the season rolling!!! Definitely a well deserved win. Gotta love that Cloud 9 feeling... That high never gets old. Sitting there anticipating; hoping you didnt tank chicken... all the crazy thoughts and then, BAM! It's not a RGC it's GC!

We're very excited, and will definitely help with all your logistical needs in KC for the Royal Invitational!!! And you have a Jack Draw now too!!! How cool is that!

firehouse_bbq

Great Pics Jim. Sorry I could not introduce myself, we were swamped! Hope to see you at the next one!

Well Earned. Congratulations!!
I judged at this competition. The Bad part about judging is we cannot visit with any of the competitors until after turn in. So I have limited photos.After the judging went to see the Big Poppa Pitmasters and shoot the breeze a little. When I went to take a photo of the cooking area. Brad said wait until they cleaned it up. I didn't and little did I know I was getting on film what a Grand Champions area looks like after the storm. Here is a link to all the photos and below is the photo I mentioned
Wildomar 2011 - Jim Bloomfield Photography

1221679502_hjtqA-L.jpg

Red

Thanks for all the kind words guys. We always have a great time, but it makes it even better when you have results like these. Now we really can't wait for the next cook.

Big Poppa

Administrator
ts250 and I will be at the open house1 I am also taking the judging class there...my new catering trailer will be featured at the open house it is a monster!

MAK DADDY

I'm a little late to this party but congratulations guys! Your first GC! WOO HOO!

Yeah me too! I have been swamped you know making grills :)
BP called me today with the news, WOW!!! That is fantastic, one of many GC's I am sure :)
Congrats to everyone on the team including the guy keeping everything on que and on time (he's not very important you know;) )!

WAY TO GO BPS!

Pete

BP congrats to you and your team!

And with your championship win, my new computer with a new browser, I'm back on here..... Smokin some ribs right now, should be done around 11pm.

sparky

when are we getting to buy BPS Grand Champions t-shirts. i myself would like a picture of the team on the shirt. i got $30 for the 1st one. jessie, project. :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
DOnt laugh too hard we are #9 in team of the year standings.....Kind of like getting lucky and hitting a bomb in the first inning....but its fun to see...WQe are the only team in the top ten with just two cooks...We will be happy with top 100!

Top Bottom