Big Poppa's Engineered DIY Drum Smoker Kit

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok kids a handful of pellets make these great smoking machines with the charcoal...

I love drum smoking but there are thousands of plans and builds....I decided I would have my engineering department at Ernie Ball design the perfect drum smoker that you kids could build at home comes with all the parts Just add drum

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/store/bbq-accessories/big-poppa-s-engineered-drum-smoker-kit

drumkit_smoker1.jpg

drumkit_smoker2.jpg

sparky

i want to know if i can buy the BPS bottle opener. the last pic on the web site for this product. i would like 4. front of the house, back, kitchen & garage. i could probably mount one my truck too.

KristenBPS

i want to know if i can buy the BPS bottle opener. the last pic on the web site for this product. i would like 4. front of the house, back, kitchen & garage. i could probably mount one my truck too.

We will soon have all the parts in the store, sold separately! :) Always ahead of the trend Sparky!

Chili Head

I'm thinking one mounted on the right side of the MAK,s smoker box would be a great place for one! Right next to the tool holder :D

Kevinish

Last edited:

sparky

you guys don't sell the whole big poppa drum all put together? be alot easier to just buy the whole drum put together i would think. :)

how is drum smoking different that what where doing?

jimsbarbecue

A drum smoker is usually just that a smoker. Because of the distance from the fire souce to the top racks getting high heat is hard thing to achieve. The BPS kit has the option of two fire basket location so you can sear food with high heat. In the normal configuration when you would cook a pork butt on a drum instead of the juices drain out of the cooker it drips on the fire and vaporizes adding flavor to the food. Making your own drum is part of the process. What BP did is find everything you need and assemble in a kit. The special price is a deal a good thermometer will set you back $45. Not to mention the multiple trips to the Hardware store. As many of use build them you will see that they all end up with a personal touch. Some do special paint etc.
View attachment 1464

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
actually every part but the bottle opener and thermometer were designed by us and built for us...Jim yours should be there any day!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Spark why I did kits was the freight on the assembled drums are more than the assembled drums.....it has good instructions and if you have a pal thats handey they are easy to make

jimsbarbecue

I did received my kit yesterday, Thank You. Took a look at the components and instructions. The fire basket is very nice as are the handles and lower vents are what I noticed first. The way the hardware (nuts and bolts) are not just thrown in a bag instead the bag sealed with the hardware separate so it is easy to identify is helpful. The paper drill templates will make this a lot easier. Going camping this weekend or I would start it today.

Top Bottom