Boneless Beef Short Ribs

teoreilly

I did some reading on some of the posts last week and decided to give the short ribs a try with my own added twist.

1 package of Costco boneless Beef Short Ribs. I gave them a dusting with onion powder and Montreal Steak seasoning. I put them on the Memphis grill using pecan pellets and let them cook at 225 for 3 and a half hours. I pulled them off and tossed them in an aluminum pan and covered them with one half onion chopped in large pieces and two peppers, one red and one yellow and a generous helping of freshly sliced mushrooms. To finish it off I added about a 1/4 bottle of Bordeaux and covered the top in foil. I placed everything back on the grill at 350 and let it go for an hour and a half. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and some sautéed brussels sprouts in garlic butter and white wine.

The meet was perfect with a nice smoke ring and everything paired well with a good Cab. I will play with the sauce a little to maybe thicken it but it was not needed.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Nice cook...surprised that the braise at 350 worked out good....usually the high heat braise toughens the meat...good job

Big Poppa

Administrator
yeah but really braisein is barely above boiling with little or no air between the food and the sealing material...

Top Bottom