Brand new to pellets

Acill

I just picked up a new grill from Timber Ridge
I was going to get a One Star, but decided I didnt need all the fancy stuff it does. This one is made in the US and had a direct heat sear side and a smoker side. Its more or less a Fast Eddie PG500 clone. Im about to use it for the first time to do some chicken and maybe ribs if I get brave while at the store tomorrow. Any advice for a new to it guy?

Last edited by a moderator:

hank858SD

Log your cooks so you have a reference to what was good vs. what could have been done better. Get a wireless thermometer , Experment , enjoy the cooks and always remember we learn from mistakes.

Welcome to the forum ! And looking forward to posts of your cooks.

So Cal Smoker

First welcome to the forum, Hank has given you some great advice, if you use it you'll be a much better cook in a shorter time. How about some pictures of your new cooker and some of your cooks? Good luck and good cooking.

TentHunter

Like Hank said, log your cooks, until you get a feel for the grill. Otherwise, keep cooking on it and get to know it.

Keep our forum sponsor (Big Poppa Smokers) in mind when ordering pellets and such. It helps us keep this forum going!

Acill

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm looking forward to any feedback. I just posted info on some chicken I did tonight for the first cook. Would love and advice or comments on it.

Here is is pic of my cooker too.

cooker_zps45646054.jpg

Last edited:

scooter

Welcome to PS.com. Ditto what Hank said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving one handed!

Tatonka3A2

Congrats on the grill!! My only advice is...buy some bigger pants, you may gain a few lbs once you see how good the food is! ;)

Top Bottom