Chicken chili.

soupyjones

I got really tired of the old chili I made so i stretched out and made up something new. This was the first time i had made my mole chicken chili since i got my Traeger. Sorry about the lack of prep shots, I had not joined the forum at the time i took these.

I make my own mole rub and i use it heavily when i use it. The chicken is coated in it. The veggies have soaked in evoo and a couple of spices for a few hours. I find i get better flavor if i cut them first.

863.jpg

864.jpg

Took the veggies off first. I think they needed more heat. I used to use the gas grill for this.
865.jpg

Next is chicken
866.jpg

Chopped up and in the chili (in the crock pot sadly)
867.jpg

Got me a bowlful with cornbread and avocado.
868.jpg

Pretty tasty stuff. The wife now loves it when i make chili. Thanks for taking a peek

ACW3

Unfortunately the weather here never really got cold for any period of time. I miss not making a pot of chili or a pot of soup when it gets cold. I'll just have to refer back to your post of the chicken chili. I have never made chicken chili, but now I think I will.

Art

soupyjones

The mole rub on the chicken is the big secret to that chili. I tried it with a different rub and it just wasn't quite as good. Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

Top Bottom