Christmas In March

dc1956

The Big Poppa Claus truck rolled into town today!

After 3 years of faithful service the Stoven has gone into semi retirement.

Now we're smokin.

Thanks to Tom and Casey for helping me place the order. I can't wait to get started.

TentHunter

That's the same way I started. My wife got me a Stoven for my birthday, I fell in love with pellet cooking and we got a MAK 1 Star later that same year.

Yeah, you are gonna love it!

I see the blank drip pan sitting down on the shelf. Did you also splurge and get the FlameZone?

dc1956

Yes I pretty much got all of the accessories in one shot including the Flame Zone and the Remote Boss which could explain why it took me 3 years to pull the trigger. So far I've just done some burgers as it has been a busy week at work. They turned out great and I am looking forward to the weekend. Will probably do some chicken on Saturday and ribs on Sunday. As an aside Tent I first got the Stoven after seeing yours here. After having it I think it was a great investment for what it is. It gave me a chance to see if pellet cooking was for me without investing a lot of money. I cooked a lot of really good food on that thing since I bought it. I can tell though after just 2 days with the MAK that it is on a completely different planet.

TentHunter

Yes I pretty much got all of the accessories in one shot including the Flame Zone...

Nice! You have a great combo of drip pans for the 1 Star. My suggestion is to take full advantage of the best qualities of each!

Grilling/Searing: Use the FlameZone Drip Pan.
If grilling only on one side, then cover the right side and grill on the left.

MAK Griddle: Use it in combo with the FlameZone, on the left side of the grill, and keep the right side of the FlameZone covered. Do NOT crank it up past about 375°. It is extremely efficient and more even heating with this setup.

Low & slow/Indirect: Use the regular blank drip pan! It sits a little lower and it's design just works better for indirect cooking.

I love having BOTH drip pans. They couldn't be easier to swap out, especially considering you take the drip pan out anyway, to clean the firepot! :)

Enjoy your new MAK (as if I really had to tell you that)! :p

Top Bottom