Commercial Brisket Injections

I just purchased several commercial injections from BPS (brisket and pork, Butcher BBQ and Kosmos). For those that have used these, or know something about them, how long before cooking do you inject the brisket? Right before, hours before, night before? Plan on trying this one out in the morning and any help is appreciated. Thanks.

171.jpg

kskomodo04

In reality isn't your backyard BBQ a competition? I am always competing with myself to get better. I compete with the neighbors to make them want to be as good a BBQ cook as I am, or that I think I am. I strive to be the ONE that they come to and ask how did you do that? What is your secret? Will you cook .......for us? I guess if you like what the injection ingredient sent to you does to your brisket or butt than by all means use it and get more, if not live and learn.

I guess my comment should have been: Are these types of injections aimed at adding so much flavor into one bite so that it stands out to the judges, or is it subtle enough that if my neighbors eat 1/2 pound of brisket, it won't be too much. Targeting one bite vs a plate is a big difference in my opinion.

scooter

We trim and inject our comp meats as soon as they get inspected so we hope to get approx 6-8 hours of soak time with injection in and on the meats.
We inject our comp meats because we want to pack as much flavor punch as we can into a single bite. At home I don't inject with product at all preferring not to serve up meat to my family that's loaded up with phosphates and glutamates.
If you do use those products I suggest not using as much product in the mix as is called for to avoid the overpowering bouillon flavor that could result if over applied. With those commercial injections less is definitely more!

Thanks Scooter. I had a feeling these were designed for comps, but I will try anyway. Appreciate the feedback. I have Kosmos and Butcher BBQ for both brisket and pork, so I guess my family will get their share of phosphates and glutamates over the next couple of months! They don't have to know.

Top Bottom