Cookbooks....non bbq ones that work great with Pellet Cookers

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok Im loving that Scooter has taken the Mustards book and others and used it as motivation/inspiration/direction.....SO lets put the Mustards book there....

What are some others that you guys like?

sparky

BPS cookbook. Oh, wait. You haven't written it yet. I'm waiting for that one. :cool:

Last edited:

CarterQ

The French Laundry Cookbook and Ad Hoc at home by Thomas Keller are two good ones. I also like Ratio by Michael Ruhlman, not really a cookbook but an interesting set of tools.

I have a bunch of old cook books from my wife's grandparents...all old south style cooking, and all good "down home" cooking as we around here call it. Most of them have been passed down through her family and friends over many generations. I'd like to revisit them and see what I can come up with.

Deb

silver palate were hot about 20 25 years ago...google sliver palata and google books has the recipes

I only have the 25th anniversary edition which came out a few years ago but I don't think I have done anything out of it. I'll have to revisit it.

I have more baking related books than general cooking. Except for baking I don't usually use one cookbook, I open two or three with the same or similar recipe and take the best of each.

sparky

the silver palate cookbook is a good cookbook that w/ go w/ bbq? i want a cookbook that w/ complement my hasty bake.

Last edited:

ACW3

Okay, I went to my pantry to see what cookbooks I might add to the list. I have a number of cookbooks I have collected over the years and haven't opened in a long time. In addition to the two Silver Palate cookbooks by Rosso and Lukins, they also have one called The New Basics. Several books I received from my parents were by Jeff Smith (The Frugel Gourmet and The Frugel Gourmet Cooks With Wine). I used to use them quite a lot before I got a pellet grill. I also have Volumes 1 and 2 of The Gourmet Cookbook that my Dad really liked and used a lot.

Time to dust off the old cookbooks and see what I can come up with for the grill!

Art

scooter

The French Laundry Cookbook and Ad Hoc at home by Thomas Keller are two good ones. I also like Ratio by Michael Ruhlman, not really a cookbook but an interesting set of tools.

Thomas Keller can cook! How difficult are his cookbooks to follow along with?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Sparky....you just are looking for inspiration and different flavor profiles....search the internet for recipes....

CarterQ

Thomas Keller can cook! How difficult are his cookbooks to follow along with?

The French Laundry book is definitely not a cookbook for someone who is just learning to cook, but it is cool all the methods and tools he uses to achieve his dishes, I think you would like it Scooter. Ad Hoc is much more user friendly in terms of following along.

TentHunter

My wife has this book from her college days:

51sFJBPKwdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's a big cookbook, is still available & packed full of good stuff from baking to roasting, frying, you name it.

CarterQ

The Betty Crocker cookbook is always an old standby, I learned alot of the cooking basics from that one.

Last edited:

scooter

The French Laundry book is definitely not a cookbook for someone who is just learning to cook, but it is cool all the methods and tools he uses to achieve his dishes, I think you would like it Scooter. Ad Hoc is much more user friendly in terms of following along.

Is it as expensive to own as French Laundry is to eat in??? lol
Seriously must be intensly good food to be able to charge $270 per person for the prix fixe menu. Some day I'll be able to take the wife there. It's just the Scotsman in me that is holding me back from paying $600 for a dinner for two. That kind of meal is more an experience than a meal.

Top Bottom