Dinner For Bill Murray

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK Billy is an old and dear friend. I wrote him a letter about 18 years ago asking him to play in a golf tournament for Pediatric Kidney Disease (the first Casey Lee Ball Classic) He said yes and we became friends...Besides being a gifted Comedian/actor he is a truly wonderful person who handles his success beautifully.
So he is in town and I asked if he wanted to come over to dinner. You have to have a crash helmet on when you invite him....You dont know who or how many will come with him...IT is not a possee...it is kids...kids friends...nephews, brothers brother Joel came last night and brother John) Joel is a great actor btw. Like I said its not a possee more like a guy who also picks up strays.....
SO I did Pulled Pork with Andys Smoke on Wheels injection....I used Butchers Rub (because I had it here...it was very good)
P1000950.jpg

P1000937-1.jpg

P1000941.jpg

Then some whisky balsamic glazed tenderloin on the big poppa drum Little louies with pepper and double secret
P1000944.jpg

P1000948-1.jpg

P1000947-1.jpg

Some Bacon Chipotle Buttered Corn Bricks...I mel the butter and the sauce season with llwp and then baste and punt 5 to a 'brick of foil 25 minutes at 350
P1000946-1.jpg

NO money shot Blly came with a party of eight and I was prepared but hustling...Oh he bourght an Iron Chef America and "rcok and Roll" Chef Kerry Simon....Google him...Not intimidating at all! ahahahahaa
another pic of the empty plated murray He loved it.
P1000949-1.jpg

ACW3

I just finished watching him on the golf channel about celebrity golfers everyone loves. He is a truly talented person, and fun to watch.

Art

cowgirl

Food looks fantastic BP! Bill is one of my favorite actors, really comes across as a nice guy.
What was it like cooking for Kerry Simon? I'd probably faint. lol Very cool!

Big Poppa

Administrator
I didnt really know who he was but I sort of quickly figured out he was a serious chef...."Oh great Bill! I have to cook for a world class pro!"
I cooked today for him too...it was fun I spatcocked some chicken..... stuffed it with some pulled pork and then did a bacon weave...then I did an orange stuffed spatchcock that was just ok....I was going for it.

You guys should google Kerry Simon....impressive. Great guy.

Jeanie he was super impressed with your blog as was billy!

cowgirl

I didnt really know who he was but I sort of quickly figured out he was a serious chef...."Oh great Bill! I have to cook for a world class pro!"
I cooked today for him too...it was fun I spatcocked some chicken..... stuffed it with some pulled pork and then did a bacon weave...then I did an orange stuffed spatchcock that was just ok....I was going for it.

You guys should google Kerry Simon....impressive. Great guy.

Jeanie he was super impressed with your blog as was billy!

That's just too cool BP! You've made my day! Thanks... :)

HoDeDo

Great pics, That Butt looks beautiful. GREAT color. And I'd be nervous as heck cooking for Kerry Simon!!! I remember watching his Iron Chef episode! I'll have to google him and see what all else he's done... but I know he had a successful Vegas restaurant at the time of the show... but that was a few years back.

Thanks for sharing, your menus always give me new ideas :)

Dano11

Wow quite impressive! The meal looked great and by the looks of the empty plates Bill seemed to enjoy it.

Thanks for the pictures and the great story!.

Dan

Top Bottom