Fast Eddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTNuge

I get a lot of mixed reviews on them all...
The memphis has a lot of great features, but sounds like it might like to start on fire.
The Mak has a lot of great features also, but i'm told it doesn't get very hot. I live in MN, and would like to grill during the winter with whatever I purchase, so not sure if the Mak is the way to go for me.
The FE again has a lot of great features, doesn't sound like the Danson made version was very good, but the cookshack has some very good reviews.
The thing with me is I wont buy anything without doing my homework, which is a good thing, but also makes things difficult because it always comes down to which one has the least amount of flaws.
In the end, I just want to grill/smoke/slow cook...I just need to pick the one that fits me, right now it is looking like the cookshack FE.

I live in Waconia, MN and I use my MAK 2 Star all year round to smoke and to grill. The cold and snow of last winter didn't stop me once from grilling when I wanted to. I'm sure I could find many pictures of the MAK smoking away with the snow falling. I really love my Remote Pellet Boss in the winter as I no longer need to go outside to check food or smoker temps. It's real nice to run outside, flip the switch on and then go back inside immediately. Then from the Remote I set my temp I want to cook at and I don't have to go outside again until I know the MAK is up to the temp I want.

In a way you are correct, the MAK doesn't get the hottest of the bunch but I really haven't felt that it's a problem. I can make a mean steak or chop or burger on the grill grates at 350 degrees if I want to. Often times I don't wait for the grill to get much hotter than that because I really don't need to. But when I do want to I just wait a bit longer and even in winter it will still get up there, it will just take a bit longer and burn more pellets in the long run.

Personally for me, the MAK has left me wanting nothing even in the harsh Minnesota winter. It is all around the best grill/smoker I could ask for and I'll give up a little of that high heat and the insulation properties some others have in order to have the most complete unit out there.

NOTE": If you're in the Twin Cities area and want to see one in person let me know. I'll be glad to have you over to take a look. You can even bring some meat and we'll cook it up. ;)

Big Poppa

Administrator
I love that the old blow hard checks the forum....I wonder how the people he sold Danson units feel about him telling people not to buy them now?

jstcynske

I love that the old blow hard checks the forum....I wonder how the people he sold Danson units feel about him telling people not to buy them now?

I was never told not to buy it, in fact it was never even suggested. I was told what the small issues may be, and how to fix them. It is pretty apparent that the two of you have a past, but does it need to come back on the forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom