Feeling like Meatloaf tonight

Acill

Im going to attempt a meatloaf tonight. Got some good stuff and ideas. Pics to follow once I get started. Any tips before I start here about 3:30 AZ?

Ive got a mesh wire mat to use over my grill grates, no frog mat yet. Should I do it directly on the mat or get a pan?

Here is my recipe for those wanting to try it.

3 lbs ground beef
1 medium yellow onion, minced (1/8" or smaller)
1 medium green bell pepper, minced (1/8" or smaller)
1 medium red bell pepper, minced (1/8" or smaller)
6 eggs beaten before you add
1 1/2 stacks Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 cup Three Cheese Blend
1/3 cup Three Little Pigs Touch of Cherry and Eat BBQ Sweet 50/50 mix
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup Blues Hog BBQ Sauce
1 TBS garlic, minced
1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix

In a large bowl mix all ingredients (except the crackers) together. It's best to use your hands to mix it thoroughly. Now throw in the crushed crackers and incorporate them completely into the mix.
Heat your pit to 350. Put down and form into a loaf. (I used some screen over my grates)
At an IT of 145*, give the loaf a light coat of BBQ sauce. Continue to cook to set the sauce until an IT of 155* - 160* is reached. Pull from the pit, cover with foil and let rest 15 mins then slice and serve.
Wood: Oak, Pecan, Hickory ( I used a Pecan and Hickory blend)

Last edited:

Acill

The players all assembled.

Getting along nicely in the bowl.

In we go for the cook...

More to follow, stay tuned!

TentHunter

It looks like it turned out pretty dang good! I'd like a slice of meatloaf warmed up and on a sandwich topped with some hot mashed potatoes & melted cheese. YUM!!!

P.S. Order yourself a couple of these for cooks like this: BP Cooking Mats

They come in various sizes and work great!

Acill

Thanks for the link on the mats! The only one I have seen local is way to much money for what it is. $50 and I have to cut to fit!

Ffvillager

Got mine which look a lot like Acill's at Walmat last year. Only a couple bucks and they work fine. They come 3 to a pack and are disposable, but I use mine several times each. When they get to the point they don't come clean in the dishwasher I throw them out.

Top Bottom