GMG - Daniel Boone Grease Leaks

dteasterday

I am a new Green Mountain Grill Dan Boone user and am starting to experience seemingly unusual leaking grease. When cooking I am getting grease dripping from the stack top landing on the side table. Also, I am having grease leak out the body of the grill on the lower left side (pellet box side). Is this normal?

I am using the drip pan without foil and my grease bucket is receiving grease.

Thanks for any experienced advise.

jimsbarbecue

Grease will leak anywhere two pieces come together. Try removing the stack clean both surfaces and seal with high heat silicon sealer.

dteasterday

GMG D Boone Grease Leaks

The grease is dripping from the corner joint of the stack. Also, grease is collecting on the lid edge and dripping of the lower edge with the lid closed (while cooking).
Do you have any other thoughts? I am cleaning with Lysol cleaner and paper towels.

Thanks,

Corn n 'Q

I have the same grill, this one does the same thing. So far I just roll with it and clean it up, figure it will seal up at some point. Hasn't happened yet though. For the drip, pan I line with a foil basket setup and just pull that out and dump it.

3Bs-Bar-B-Que

there is a difference in a black looking wet drip ..and grease drip .. maybe yours has lots of moister thats mixed with the build up left behind from the cooking process and it looks like grease I use my jim bowie 5 times a week and will have moister leak but not grease from the stack lol just my 2 cents

Big Poppa

Administrator
The green mountain people provide great customer service. I'm sure if you contacted them they would help asap

dteasterday

Thanks Big Poppa, I called GMG and they are sending out a new "elbow stack" ...they also discussed strategy to reduce the moisture build up including raising the stack cap all the way up.

Top Bottom