Hasty bake, Meadow creek or Weber Kettle?

Big Poppa

Administrator
The Hasty Bake is a searing machine and you can control the height......the meadow creek sears very well too but you move the food a tad more.....the meadow creek with the optional second rack can do about 15 -18 butts at a time on one bag of lump

bflodan

BP, Im lookin for more of a grill for steaks, burgers, etc.... I have my MAK for smokin that I am very happy with.... What would you recommend for the main purpose of grilling??

TentHunter

Nepas, and/or BP,

In the pic of the "Heat Baffle", I assume you're reffering to the piece of angle iron with the holes in it. Correct? Is that so you can setup a ring of briquettes or lump for a slow Minion Method burn?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Searing grill.....Hasty Bake...but with the charcoal pan on the meadow creek its great but not adjustable bigger cooking surface though

the little hasty bake ranger is really neat kind of a funky chain to raise and lower but for two people a neat little cooker

That piece of angle iron is intended to get air to the charcoal when you fill it...Ken from Chris Lillt showed us how to do a snake sort of a semi minion...Joe used it that way one bag over ten hours rock steady at 250

TentHunter

Thanks BP!

That's pretty dang ingenious; a very simple concept but one I could see myself using often.

I've not tried a Meadow Creek or Weber Cliff... but I really love this Hasty Bake Gourmet! :)

You and CarterQ both have us salivating over the stuff coming off those Hasty-Bakes. Also, you've really shown off its ability to bake as well as grill!

Sparky has a tough choice!

sparky

Anything w/ bake in it is good. baked cookies, baked pie, baked potato, baked steak. see. :)

Last edited:

the huli

This thread is an oldy but a goody.

So looking for a machine that bakes,grills and can smoke like a dream. Was first thinking of the smokey mountain but versatility is a bit of an issue. The hasty bake is great but from the sounds doesn't smoke as well as the meadow creek.

Is this a fair enough assumption to lead me to the meadow creek.

Top Bottom