Hello everyone, it has been a long time!

Dano11

Hello,

I was on this forum awhile back. Sorry life got involved? I recently had an issue with my Traeger Texas grill where is caught fire due to pellets overflowing and re-igniting, hey who new the Traeger could hit > 900 degrees! ;) Anyways no one was hurt except my hot dogs!

It was about time for an upgrade anyway. I am looking at the new 2012 Mak 2 Star General. Does anyone know if the 2012 model comes with all that is shown in the demo video? Such as split grates, full flame zone cooking area and diffuser, full stainless steel enclosure and cooking area, etc.

Also what are your thought, concerns with the Maks?

Thank you for any replies.

Dan

Pappymn

I have a Mak Two star. Best made and best serviced/supported grill on the market IMHO. Can't remember what they ship with now, but the half upper grates are a must. Extra probes will come in handy someday too. Grill grates and Frogmats are awesome too.

Good luck.

jimsbarbecue

When you order one from Big Poppa Smokers it is direct shipped so you get the latest and greatest MAK. Give Big Poppas a call they can answer all your questions and are happy to do.

TentHunter

Pappmn said:
...the half upper grates are a must.

I totally agree! As far as the upper racks go, you will spend a little more getting two Half upper racks rather than a single Full upper rack, but the extra money is well worth it for the flexibility. If nothing else you can start with one half upper rack and add a second one later.

Dano11

I guess I need to clarify my question here?

Does the Mak 2 Star General come out of the box with the following? No upgrades!

Full flame zone where you can remove one or both sections to cook full flame?

Split standard grill, not the optional upper grills.

Full stainless steel cooking enclosure.

Once I get the go ahead I will of course be purchasing through Big Poppa's as a kit since he has wonderful customer service and great products. I miss my smoker! Food doesn't taste the same since the fire.

Dano

Top Bottom