How many is too many? Grills

Ducaticraig

My question is how many grills-smokers is too many? I started off with a Weber gas grill and now have added a Komodo Kamado, Mak 2 Star, and Bob Grillson Pellet Grill. I either have a BBQ addiction or am mentally disturbed for having and wanting more grills. I think some free therapy is needed. Please let me know your thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

jimsbarbecue

When I brought home our second BPS drum smoker last weekend my wife informed me there are 9 grills/smokers on the patio. If you count the one we use camping it would be 10

wneill20

I didn't know you could have to many. I have a Traeger Lil Tex, Custom built pellet smoker, Weber Kettle, Weber gas grill and in the process of building a BP drum smoker. I may also need some of that therapy :)

scooter

"To many" is relative. If you have a cooker that has sat in the corner of your deck covered and/or unused for 6-12 months then you could probably sell it unless it's a collector item or somthing. I have 7 cookers on my deck and out of those, 2 fit the profile I mentioned above. The big Charbroil gasser I used before getting back into smoking and an electric ECB a relative gave me. I am considering selling both of them.

RickB

Depends on how many people you normally cook for. Lets say 6-10 I can get by with my Mak and weber performer. More than that I am in trouble.

MossyMO

The right tool for the right job; if you have the room, funds and wife's approval keep shopping. There are still a few grill/smokers out there I want to have... I love learning!

We all love our equipment, just a tip; outdoor cooking equipment will last 5 times longer if it is stored indoors while it is not in use, a designated shed is an investment to your equipment and also increases your properties resale.

- Yoder YS640 (wife's...)
- Weber Smokey Joe (1991)
- Weber 22.5" kettle (pre 1979)
- Weber 22.5" kettle w/rotisserie (2009)
- Weber 22.5" Smokey Mountain (2012)
- Charbroil 22.5" kettle
- Holland Companion stainless
- Holland Legacy
- Sportsman stainless
- Char-Griller Smokin Pro w/mod's
- 30" MES
- 40" MES stainless
- Orion Cooker stainless
- converted commercial stainless fridge, propane powered, thermostatically controlled with electronic pilot
- UDS (still need to put it together and paint)

Patrick_CT

How did you get "Bob Grillson Pellet Grill" ? I thought they were only sold in Europe.... what is your opinion of it?

MrAdam

The right tool for the right job; if you have the room, funds and wife's approval keep shopping. There are still a few grill/smokers out there I want to have... I love learning!

We all love our equipment, just a tip; outdoor cooking equipment will last 5 times longer if it is stored indoors while it is not in use, a designated shed is an investment to your equipment and also increases your properties resale.

- Yoder YS640 (wife's...)
- Weber Smokey Joe (1991)
- Weber 22.5" kettle (pre 1979)
- Weber 22.5" kettle w/rotisserie (2009)
- Weber 22.5" Smokey Mountain (2012)
- Charbroil 22.5" kettle
- Holland Companion stainless
- Holland Legacy
- Sportsman stainless
- Char-Griller Smokin Pro w/mod's
- 30" MES
- 40" MES stainless
- Orion Cooker stainless
- converted commercial stainless fridge, propane powered, thermostatically controlled with electronic pilot
- UDS (still need to put it together and paint)

Get that UDS together, then come join the fun at Drum Smoking Forums!

MrAdam

I've got a Broil King natural gas grill that I struggled to make semi decent Q on for years, and more recently I built a UDS using Big Poppa's kit.
I haven't touched the gasser since, I figure I'll still use it for burgers and dogs in the summer. Everything else gets done on the charcoal drum. I'm planning on getting a Weber 22.5" kettle within the year, and eventually after a few years of penny counting maybe I'll put a MAK on my deck.

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK this is a sign that you are perfectly normal...abnormal is only one...I have 12 right now. If you can swing it and have the room it is the best hobby there is.

Ducaticraig

I think I may want a Mak 4 Star and a Yoder YS1320 and then call it quits on pellet grills. Of course I will then have to research and start my quest for other types of smokers.

BPS or Mak Daddy, can I come work for you to get my grilling fix? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cowgirl

I agree that you can never have too many....and if you run out of room on the patio, grab a shovel or backhoe and dig an underground pit. :)

Top Bottom