If You Were Buying A 1 STAR Today

sparky

full upper rack, griddle, searing grates, m2 probes (x2), fromats, 100 lbs of pellets and a cool beer koozie. that should work. i don't have the side or bottom shelves but i would like the bottom shelf to store stuff. if i was spending your money. :cool:

Last edited:

RickB

I have a 2 star but if i had to do it again, split upper racks, 3 m2 probes, frogmats, remote boss and dont waste your time on 100# of pellets. Go ahead and get a bulk order and save some money. Gonna be gone in six months anyway. ;)

Meat Man

I'd get the side shelf for sure, I get at least one half upper rack and a cover. I'd get a wireless maverick probe. Don't forget to purchase some rubs and sauces.

TentHunter

What I would consider Must-Have MAK accessories: Definitely at least one upper half rack (two are better yet), and the Griddle/Split grate combo.

As for other accessories, a frogmat (21.5 x19.5 then trim to fit) and a set of FireWire Skewers.

That combo of accessories will greatly increase the possibilities of what you can do with an already amazing grill!

Note: If you're getting the flame zone then also get the MAK Searing Grate. If not, then a set of GrillGrates works great with the MAK 1 Star

Last edited:

Gregoryalln

I have a fully tricked out 1 star and it ended up costing me more than a 2 star. The 2 Star comes standard with a lot nice things, and I like the 2's flame zone/grease pan feature WAY better. If I did it over again I would go with the 2.

sparky

I have a fully tricked out 1 star and it ended up costing me more than a 2 star. The 2 Star comes standard with a lot nice things, and I like the 2's flame zone/grease pan feature WAY better. If I did it over again I would go with the 2.

i also agree. i have owned #336 for longer than #63 & #69. i do use #63 more. just because i am only cooking for my wife and me most of the time. 2 racks of bb backs, 1 butt, 1 spatchcock chicken. 1 star is perfect size. i didn't put any shelfing on mine. bare bones. but lately i do like the size of the 2 star. not so much for the amount of food it can cook but for head room. the one star works well for everything i cook but there are times that i wish the 1 star had more head room. i cook on my top shelf for everything i cook. i hardly ever cook on the main grate. wow, i just realized that. oh well, its just the way i cook. i been using #336 more lately because she rolled over my foot (no bare feet when cooking. her (#336) way of saying use me instead of that little black one). i do love her. shes big. head room. shelfs all over the place. but mine can only get so clean scooter. its a bbq grill. not suppose to be pretty.

pretty003.jpg

pretty006.jpg

welp, my wife is asking about breakfast. time to roll some smoke. cya.

Last edited:
Top Bottom