It followed me home, Mom... Can I keep it??

MAK DADDY

Another MAK Brother is born! Congrats STC. You are going to love that bad boy. You sure that thing was a pre-production test model? Looks brand spanking new in the pic. Must have been one Scooter was testing! :) (Sorry Scott, couldn't resist)

Good one Larry LOL.
Yes, we built two beta (model that is built to confirm all final design changes) versions but only burned on 1 so this one is a virgin. We made a few more very minor tweaks and off we went, 1 Stars are now in stock :)

TTNuge

Good one Larry LOL.
Yes, we built two beta (model that is built to confirm all final design changes) versions but only burned on 1 so this one is a virgin. We made a few more very minor tweaks and off we went, 1 Stars are now in stock :)

Once again Bob you show that you truly are a class act. You go above and beyond to please!

squirtthecat

Pile o' meat thawing for the Lil' MAK's inaugural weekend.

Brisket and 11 pound turkey.. Hmmm, there is a bottle of Abita missing...

20101117181611.jpg

33 pounds of pork butt. (a friend at work has been stashing them in his freezer since they were on sale a few months back)

20101118072041.jpg

9 pound ham. Just going to hit it with smoke and take to 140°, then vacseal and give to a guy that volunteers at MrsSTC's school.

20101117181836.jpg

I'll start a fresh thread in the gallery when I get them all loaded up.
(it will be a tag team meat match with the Lil' Tex)

Stay tuned...

KyNola

Time to break it in right STC. Let 'er rip! As for that missing Abita, I know where it could be replaced easily enough.

squirtthecat

We had some unexpected rain last night, so I didn't have a comfortable window to prime/light/burn/cool down/cover before it rolled in. Smooth sailing and sunshine the next 3 days!

I'm going to use another Abita in the 'Cowboy Braise' for that brisket.. Should give it a nice flavor profile. (and an excuse to chill 2 bottles and enjoy one for myself)

TTNuge

It works well in the snow, I can tell you that! May take a bit more time to get up to those higher "searing" temps but it still does the trick.

Carter13

Smokin,
You are hardcore my man.
Those conditions look like what we have had yesterday and into early this morning in Clark County WA.

SmokinMAK

Smokin,
You are hardcore my man.
Those conditions look like what we have had yesterday and into early this morning in Clark County WA.

Yea, here too (Salem, OR). Absolutely got pounded! I had to go out this morning and re-allocate my bark dust! It all got washed downhill.

Coming home from Eugene today and there was some snow on the road. Think it is going to be an interesting weekend for BBQ in the Pacific Northwest!

Top Bottom