Little help please. My first pork butt!?

Dano11

Hello all,
This weekend I will be attempting my first pork butt, any suggestion for a novice pork butt smoker. :rolleyes:

Thanks for any replies.

A
Dano

Traeger Texas grill.

Dano11

Don't worry about the replies I just read the other threads on PB's. I'll let you know how it turns out?

Dano

Big Poppa

Administrator
really you can do just about anything I have made great ones with just a little rub or foil and pulled at 195 at 225 and then I have done them with three temps rub injection (love Smoke on Wheels) foil....it is pretty safe and fun

scooter

Yeah, what BP said. Pork butt is about as forgiving a meat to cook as you'll find thus making it low pressure on you and fun. You have to really try hard to mess up pork butt. It's also very cost effective making your financial outlay low so you're not so vested in it having to turn out awesome. If it doesn't turn out the way you like it, grab another butt out of the fridge and have another go at it changing your process slightly each time until you find the one you like the best. Try not to make wholesale changes in prep and process each time.

Dano11

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will definetely keep you posted on the result. Yes with photos of course!

Have a great weekend.

Dano

Dano11

HoDeDo,
It came out absolutely perfect I think. It was juicy, tender and full of flavor. I especially loved the bark, I'm a skin lover from way back.

Can't wait to
Here about your pork butt very soon.

Have a great day!

Dano

Top Bottom