Long time no Q

I haven't had much of a chance to use the 2 Star lately. Found time for some Baby Backs today.

Started out with some fresh Costco Baby Backs. Used Worcestershire for the glue and Texas BBQ company Original Rub:

IMG_5267.jpg

All rubbed and waiting:

IMG_5271.jpg

On the MAK 2 Star General at 250°F:

IMG_5272.jpg

After an hour or two (spritzed with apple juice every half hour or so):

IMG_5273.jpg

Foil love (butter, brown sugar, honey, and sriracha):

IMG_5274.jpg

Back on the MAK:

IMG_5275.jpg

Out of foil love:

IMG_5276.jpg

Topped with Big Bob Gibson's red BBQ sauce. Let set on the MAK for about 20 minutes. Rested and then sliced:

IMG_5278.jpg

Man, I missed my MAK the last few months!

hank858SD

Nice looking color on those ribs. The cook looks spectacular you did not get rusty. What was your total cook time ? And thanks for sharing

scooter

Love TX BBQ rub!! I go a lot heavier with it than you did though. They look great NorCal!
I've moved on to other rubs for ribs but I still use the stuff in my meatloaf.

SeenRed

Those BB's look delicious...nice color! I've heard good things about that Texas BBQ Co. rub...gonna have to give that a try.

Red

Nice looking color on those ribs. The cook looks spectacular you did not get rusty. What was your total cook time ? And thanks for sharing

I would estimate 1/2 hour on smoke, and 4 hours at 250. Of that 4 hours at 250, 1 hour was in foil. I normally do spares, so this was sort of an experiment. They were definately not fall off the bone. They had a real nice tug, which is how I like it. I also forgot how good Big Bob Gibsons sauce is!

Acill

Fall off the bone if for chumps that go to Chile's and think they are having BBQ ribs! Yours look amazing and Im sure they tasted even better!

Top Bottom