Looking for a little help

Bedford

I've had my traegar for a little over a year now and have smoked/cooked a lot of food on it. This weekend I want to do some beef ribs, and haven't cooked them on a pellet grill yet, or at all for at least 5 years. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
MIke

Big Poppa

Administrator
dry season them to your taste then cook meat side up for about 3 hours....until they are the color you like then foil with a small amount of apple juice and cook for another approx 2-3 hours...check them at the two hour foil mark by poking it between the bones into the meat with a toothpick...if it slides through with little or no resistance they are done...you then can sauce them if you want but usually they dont need it

TentHunter

BP pretty much describes how I do mine and they turn out great every time.

Beware though that you really need to make sure you peel that membrane off of the bone side or you will have some tough chewing! If you think the membrane on pork ribs is tough... it's nothing compared to the membrane on beef ribs.

TentHunter

What temp do you cook them at?

Keep it simple and use whatever temps you're familiar & comfortable with as pork ribs.

Believe it or not the time difference between cooking beef & pork ribs is not much, especially if the pork ribs are thick. Beef ribs have a little more fat that needs to be rendered off which takes a little longer, but foiling is a great tool for leveling the cook times. I have cooked beef & pork ribs side-by-side many times and had them both turn out great.

To me the main difference is in the flavor profile. Beef ribs (because they're beef) can handle bolder flavors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom