Mak 2 Star General Fan

drake

I'm having trouble with my fan or I think it's the fan. I blew the fuse last night while warming the grill up and replaced it with the factory replacement. After replacing it the fan came on and ran for several minutes and the fuse blew again.
I tried to get in the side panel today and test the motor with my meter, but was unable to access it due to the security screws. I'm gonna get the right tool to access it tomorrow.
I guess my question is, have any of you guys had to replace your fan? How much am I looking at if this is the problem? I'm pretty proficient with electrical trouble shooting, I'm an hvac tech, so I think troubleshooting will not be a problem. Any advice given coming from experience will be appreciated. Also am wondering if the fan relay is built into the board and am maybe looking at replacing a board and the cost of that.
My Mak is around 3 years old.

scooter

Unplug the ignitor from the main board and try starting again. If your pit starts up and stays running, replace your igniter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving one handed!

drake

Okay, thanks for the info., I'll check that this afternoon and post results. I'll need to p/u more fuses, do any of you guys know the size? Left the old one at home.

drake

Answer to my own question regarding fuse size, it's a 2amp fuse. Talked to Bruce today from Mak and he's sending me a new ignitor. Thanks for the heads up on that guys.

Top Bottom