MAK Customer Support

Flipthe Bird

So on Memorial Day I fired up my 2 star general and I was dissapointed that my igniter had failed. I did not have the wherewithal to realize I could of still cooked using some gel or hand sanitizer so we improvised with not so good ribs in the oven.

Needless to say I contacted MAK on Tuesday. The lady on the other end of the line was AMAZING, They 2 day aired me a new igniter with a link to a YouTube video explains how to replace. She said the igniters are a recurring issue and they made a 'newer version'

So, if any of you want to be proactive I suggest having one of these bad boys as a spare should it happen to you.

Thank you MAK for being awesome, and making the issue a non issue.

Scott

Low Down

Glad you got the problem sorted out. I've never heard of using hand sanitizer to start a fire, I think I'd go the propane torch route myself...

Still waiting on word that my 2 star is shipping. Hopefully they got the bugs worked out, because there's no F'n way I'm paying that kind of dosh for a smoker and buying replacement parts on top of it!

Flipthe Bird

Glad you got the problem sorted out. I've never heard of using hand sanitizer to start a fire, I think I'd go the propane torch route myself...

Still waiting on word that my 2 star is shipping. Hopefully they got the bugs worked out, because there's no F'n way I'm paying that kind of dosh for a smoker and buying replacement parts on top of it!

Me too. But you just throw some hand sanitizer into the pellets and throw a match in there. Actually works like a charm with the MAK

mcschlotz

Yup, after reading that others had experienced an ignitor failure I purchased a backup. It happily sits in the cupboard :)

JessieBPS

I have used the hand-sani method on the Memphis Pro many times, it has saved me a lot of grief!

Another +1 from me for MAK's customer support, they really are the best.

Top Bottom