MAK Faith? The Overnight Cook

Star1021Scott

Final Product, hot smoked some sausage for good measure

5650605432_24bedb728e_b.jpg

Last edited:

scooter

Point taken, I have to get over everything looking purty.

Why? If you ever get over it, let me know how you did it plz. I've foiled my drip pan every cook except one and every one since then. If you prefer to foil it then foil it! You will find good arguments on either side of the "should I foil my drip pan?" topic! I'm lazy (and don't like the stink of burnt stuff on my food) so I always go the route of yanking off the old foil and laying down the new. My drip pan never smokes and while it doesn't look new, it certainly doesn't look and smoke like a lava field either.

Star1021Scott

You know Scooter, the more I think about it, i have to side with you.

While i'm sure BP makes a valid point, I just don't notice the temp flucuations and the "Q" tastes fantasic. Plus its would be one less thing I have to take a wire brush to.

MAK DADDY

LOL, Mr Clean jumped on that one :) Yes, it does effect the temperature a tiny bit, yes it does make clean up easier too!
The choice is all yours :)

Me, well my grease pan would put scooter in the grave :)

sparky

not mine. as a good friend of mine once said. nepas: "them is working grills, not yard art". true tat.....

ht01us

I did an over night after about half a dozen cooks. Had my remote boss next to the bed and didn't sleep real soundly, more due to excitement than worry ;)

Top Bottom