Money is decent on lamb chops

PaulyT

Hi folks! Been out of town for a while again, but am back now. Catching up on this forum always makes me hungry and hankerin' for some (pellet) grillin'... ;)

So tonight for dinner I had some ~1" thick lamb shoulder chops. After going through my - very limited - spice/rub selection, I decided to try BP's Money. Yeah I know that isn't the traditional thing for lamb, but I thought since this was chops and not rack/roast, I'd give it a try.

It actually worked pretty well IMHO. I didn't use a lot, just some of the rub with a little EVOO (I know what that acronym is now :p ), smoked (with mesquite bbq delight pellets) for ~1hr @ 150, then seared briefly @ 500. I thought the slight sweetness of the money along with the salt worked pretty well, it really didn't need much else - though I tried a bit of Corky's hot bbq sauce on it in very moderate amounts.

Sorry don't have any pics, I'm giving my camera a rest after a busy month of travels and photography (Ottawa, Canada; Niagara Falls; and other places I posted about earlier).

And with apologies to Sparky, I decided to have a full-bodied Argentinian Cabernet with my lamb instead of milk. :eek: Very nice, and I'm on my second glass now. A very pleasant evening.

Cheers, folks.

sparky

And with apologies to Sparky, I decided to have a full-bodied Argentinian Cabernet with my lamb instead of milk. :eek: Very nice, and I'm on my second glass now. A very pleasant evening.

Cheers, folks.

its ok. i'm sure the cabernet tasted better w/ the lamb.

ps: milk on side. don't tell no one. shhhhhh.........

PaulyT

LOL

... and glad you found a name for Lucile. I like it!

Not sure my humble GMG would deserve a real name... but if so, probably "Sheldon" in honor of Big Bang Theory, one of the greatest shows ever! (from the perspective of a scientist)

RickB

i love that show. i like penny. :) how come all the dorky guys get the hot girls?

Did I notice 1 of your 1 stars got sold?

Ps the dorky guys dont really get the hotties they are just really good with photoshop! ;) We all know only guitar and smoker dealers get the hotties. Penny looks good for days but 10 minutes of conversation and you chew your arm off!

Last edited:

sparky

Did I notice 1 of your 1 stars got sold?

yes, to a friend of my daughters who just bought a house. sold him #69. it was pretty much brand new. got to sell the other 1 star. wife says i have way to many smokers. lol, and just brought a drum to make a drum smoker also. she's going to get real mad if she walks out to the garage and see's it. there is still 2 smokers i want. larger ones to cook more food at once. ppl want me to start cooking briskets, butts and tri's for parties and what not. well see. need more funding. lol......

PaulyT

Yeah, that seems reasonable. I've got a whole chicken defrosting in the fridge for my next cook, gonna have to do a little "research" here and get some ideas on what to do with it!

RickB

yes, to a friend of my daughters who just bought a house. sold him #69. it was pretty much brand new. got to sell the other 1 star. wife says i have way to many smokers. lol, and just brought a drum to make a drum smoker also. she's going to get real mad if she walks out to the garage and see's it. there is still 2 smokers i want. larger ones to cook more food at once. ppl want me to start cooking briskets, butts and tri's for parties and what not. well see. need more funding. lol......

You thinking about doing this full time? Do i see an investment option?

Last edited:
Top Bottom