My name is Eric and I am a pellet smoker

ewchippe

Hey everyone, I have been looking here for quite a while and decided to start talking. I have a traeger and looking at a Yoder YS1320. I started competitions last year and am planning on doing 8 of them this year.

scooter

Welcome to PS.com Eric! So glad you decided to jump into the discussions!! This is a great group of outdoor cooking enthusiasts who are more than willing to share their collective wisdom!
Good luck in your comp endeavors! Assuming you're competing in KCBS sanctioned contests, I suggest you consider CBJ certification. Giving you knowledge of what CBJ's are taught and what they look for gives you the ability to tailor your product and position it for a more favorable score. In any food contest, it's not about what you think is good food (BBQ), it's all about what the judges think is good.

So Cal Smoker

Welcome to the forum Eric. Some of the best cooks on any form are right here ready to help you with your smoking needs. Good luck and good smoking.

ewchippe

I have thought about the CBJ class, I just havent found the time to make one yet. I would really like to though. I love the comp atmosphere and am really looking forward to it this year. My goal for the 8 comps is to have one GC or RGC. We'll see, that is a pretty optimistic goal, but you've gotta have goals.

RickB

Welcome Eric. We won't hold that comp stuff against ya! ;)Can't wait to see your cooks.

PS We all know backyard Q rules!

Rick

Last edited:
Top Bottom