My name is Jason, and I'm a new pellet smoker.

jdominy

I just got a new Traeger Lil' Tex Elite, and have used it for about a week now. So far, I've smoked ribs, brisket, lobster tails, burgers, and tonight I smoked a whole chicken. I'm very new to pellet smoking, and smoking in general, and have a lot to learn.

MossyMO

Congrats on the Traeger and sounds like you have been busy, no better way to learn how it operates than to just jump right in!
Have any pics to share with us of your cooks?

jdominy

Yeah, I shared them in the gallery. I could also post pics of the lobster tails, but you can't tell cause the meat's in the shell. The burgers, well, they didn't really "look" great, because they were smoked and didn't really have the grill marks that make burgers look good. The ribs, though, they were really good.
ScreenShot2014-04-23at102651PM.png

ScreenShot2014-04-23at102546PM.png

TentHunter

Jason,

Welcome to the forum! You came to the right place to learn how to use your new pellet smoker. There many knowledgeable folks here so ask away with any questions you might have.

So Cal Smoker

Welcome to the forum Jason. Wow, for someone who just got their first smoker you're destroying the learning curve. Thanks for the pics you posted in the Gallery, that's some great looking Q. Good luck and good smoking.

jdominy

Thanks, guys! I was really surprised at how well that stuff turned out, but really, the smoker did all the work and made it easy for me. I look forward to learning more!

Top Bottom