New Smoker Day! Road Test Memphis Pro Elite! Wow

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK I have a new smoker garden and bought this awhile ago and the house wasnt finished.
I have just installed it and did a maiden voyage cook...
IMG_1346.jpg

Just me....and my good friend Porter....Mr. Porter House.
Mr Porter god a good coating of Annies and Big Poppa Double Secret....onto the elite at 275 for a reverse sear
IMG_1347.jpg

This thing is large and in charge....over 800 inches of cooking on the main grate and 1252 inches over all....It will go to 700...and this cook I used the optional Eilte Flavorizer" A plate that drops in where the fire pot is and is direct to the meat

Pulled Mr Porter out of the Memphis and left him rest awile while I jacked the Memphis to 550 for a sear....I didnt need the 700 degrees ONE MINUTE A SIDE!
IMG_1348.jpg

Rested and ready for duty!
IMG_1353.jpg

close up
IMG_0002-1.jpg

Inside shot!
IMG_0005.jpg

Conclusion...This is a big time home run...it is the best searing I have seen from a pellet grill....I believe that it is as good as lump and that is saying something I never thought I would say...Only drawback is that it is a small areal but fine...
If you dont want to sear just swap out the flavorizer for the solid plate!

sparky

good info there. you cooked it perfectly. love the outside grill marks. great color on the inside. 1st class. you and mr porter have a good time. he looks yummy. :)

ACW3

Great looking piece of beef!!! Cooked perfectly, IMHO. That is quite a grill. I don't know if I would need 700 degrees, but if you've got it... When are you planning on giving it a full out "test" (with pictures of course)?

Art

Chili Head

That looks dynamite! Love the color and the sear you got on there. I have no doubt it was tasty!
I'm envious of your smoker garden BP...you got all the cool toys!

Thanks for sharing pics of your new smoker and the cook! It is interesting to see all of the different models of smokers and what they can do. I bet you burn through some pellets at 700F!

Big Poppa

Administrator
porterhouses just two probably but it is very hot all around it....

I didnt use the 700 that was 550 which I think next time I will try 500...everybody gets temp crazy 500 is a lot of direct fire!

jimsbarbecue

The steak looked lonely on that big Pellet Grill. I agree on the heat for grilling. Just because you can grill at 1000 degrees does not make it the best way and if you did the margin for a timing error goes way up. It is a nice looking Grill! Oh and I would eat that steak.

muebe

Oh man! I want a flame zone for my select ;)

I have been tossing the idea around about ordering another drip pan for my Memphis and modifying the old one with a flame zone..

Top Bottom